Lemon Law ?

[quote=“BikerFry,post:18,topic:30043"”]

Used? Good luck lemoning it. Did it have less than 36k when you bought it? If so you had 90 days or 4000 miles to bring the diff problem to them.

Fight the good fight, but you’re probably fucked. The diff is not specifically stated as being covered, and I’m guessing it was more than 90 days or 4000 miles after you bought the car that you brought the problem to them. Good luck.

[/quote]

yea, this is what I was trying to figure out - I read that as state law requires that they at a minimum give you that warranty, but if I have a longer duration warranty in place it should still apply?

Again I really have no idea, which was why I had asked in the first place

I just took a quick look, so I did not look at the swaybar - it looked weird for me to be under your car in the first place, lol.

I say it’s a common problem meaning: a common problem that results from racing + stock rear endlinks :slight_smile: which is why they are trying not to cover it. The rear sway bar can definitely flip as a result of the car being jumped, but that is not the case most of the time.

Even if it was covered, they would replace the swaybar endlinks with the same thing and it will happen again if you continue autocrossing.

Yea… and i doubt they would replace them with aftermarket :smiley:

Did some reading on nabisco, seems to be pretty common, and in that case I would rather have aftermarket ones, still going to take it back in for the rear diff and give them a good ol’ :2fingers:

edit: next problem is autocross is in 5 days… going to be cutting it close!

[quote=“chino,post:7,topic:30043"”]

actually this is still covered under powertrain (the rear diff), the bumper to bumper is the extended…

My original question still stands though on whether or not I can lemon the car “if” this is the rear diff again which I know it has to be from the symptoms. I wasn’t going to even consider lemon-ing it but if I get sucked into having to pay for this I may consider it just to stick it back to them.

[/quote]

You bought the car used right? Are you still within that? I don’t think you are (if your car qualifies as a used car under lemon law)

Also it’s an 05 right? I think you’re SOL for new car lemon law as well.

Details on car please…mileage, purchase date

Here’s where you would be SOL:

Car was bought new in December of 04
You bought the car used in December of 05 w/ 5,000 miles

Although you might be under the 18,000 miles you have gone past 18 months since the ORIGINAL delivery date

[quote=“chino,post:14,topic:30043"”]

First time in, the rear diff was vibrating, service person that did the 30K maintenance used the wrong weight gear oil.

[/quote]

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:24,topic:30043"”]

You bought the car used right? Are you still within that? I don’t think you are (if your car qualifies as a used car under lemon law)

Although you might be under the 18,000 miles you have gone past 18 months since the ORIGINAL delivery date

[/quote]

Looks to be out of mileage
That sucks big time that they are being gay about something. One thing I never understood is my brother had an extended warranty on a car and specifically covered brakes and rotors, yet whenever he took it in they basically said no way. Lame.

Tell them you want to take the car to a few mechanics to find out their opinion.

^^ already did, already getting it done elsewhere hopefully under warranty as well. Then I go back to northtown for the 5th time about my rear diff that has been fucked since buying it.

Unless of course they can find something else to blame it on instead of just sacking up and replacing my rear diff… its retarded they would have saved themself money in the long run had they just replaced the fucking thing already

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:24,topic:30043"”]

[/quote]

Yea, it is definitely out of new car lemon law, I was having a hard time figuring out what the “warranty” period was for used car lemon law. Apparently it is 90 days, I read it as “The dealer is required to give you at minimum a 90 day warranty on used car covering at least motor, tranny etc. etc.”

So guess its SOL on lemon law, which really is fine, all I wanted to do was force them into actually replacing my diff and giving me a damn loaner car while they fix it (they said it is a 3 day job, :rofl: ).

The cool thing is maybe now that my swaybar endlinks aren’t completely bent, and I have a new rear diff that doesnt slip like a bastard on turns i’ll get to see how the car really handles AND have STU locked up for sure :smiley:

gotta stop jumping those railroad tracks my friend :stuck_out_tongue:

oh, also, contrary to whatever the service guy said, there was no scrapes at all on my swaybar

you can call AAA to tow your car and hope some shit head tows it and then put in a claim to AAA saying they hooked a chain hold down to each side and bent them.