Lemon law?

thanks guys.
nitroinsnane- why the fuck would i sue them? i would be using a lawyer to get the lemon law issue taken care of. i dont HATE autohaus or really have a reason to sue them.

You really have no clue how lemon law etc… works do you? Go to the attorney Generals (NY) website and do some reading. There are very specific items that you have to meet to even file lemon law. And you dont need a lawyer, thats the job of the attorney general’s office on your behalf. I hate to mention this but you may want to file a complaint with DMV. They would investigat this, keep in mind if it ends up on my desk, it may not go far after reading about modding/beating on etc…

Oh I thought you needed a lawyer for the lemon law. Thank you for real, factual info.
What do you mean beating on it? I almost never boost the car. I boosted it meh, about 5 times since I got the tune and since it’s been running like shit I don’t even drive it.
I had no issues after track day, it was there the day before, and the day after to make sure everything was up to spec. I told them had there been anything wrong with the car from the track day that I would PAY for the repair out of my own pocket. They said fair enough. All of this had happened within the last 2-3 weeks. I’m not saying any of this is the dealerships fault, because theres a good chance they had nothing to do with it. I just assumed you needed a lawyer to go thru with all of the lemon law stuff.

Again, thank you for the information.

YOU NEVER HIT BOOST AT LANCASTER LAST WEEK? DO YOU BELIEVE THE SHIT THAT COMES OUT OF YOUR MOULTH?

The only thing I can say from personal experience and many second hand experiences of others…you will never win at a dealership. Even if you are 100% in the right. They will dick you around until you give up or it will cost you more $ with legal pursuits than it would to pay for the fix out of pocket.

Did you buy the car brand new?

No.

lol ok buddy. show me hard proof i was even there in my car.

I’d say it depends on the dealership and the service manager. You have to keep in mind that dealerships deal with thousands of people every month. Our group had well over 100,000 people (my store alone writes more than 1,000 repair orders a month, plus the sales dept) visit our dealerships last year and most of them go through service. Unfortunately there are many people who ask for things that are impossible or are just plain crazy with their requests. Also it seems to be ok with the general public to come into a dealer’s service department and treat them like complete garbage but it’s not ok if they have a hard time fixing a car or if they make a mistake. So to be blunt, we get screwed on a daily basis by customers and it costs us thousands of dollars every month so most dealers tend to be very cautious with customers, what they will warranty and what they will not. This pertains to lemon law as well because people come in every single day with minor issues that are easy to fix and throw lemon law in our face when they don’t have a clue what they are talking about.

This is because dealers get audited quite frequently and will get charged back for the repair if the manufacturer does not agree with the circumstances or they don’t fit the policies of that particular manufacturer. This is not to say they should not fix his car, they should because it is their job. The fact that it has a very clear problem that they cannot find should be brought up to the service manager and the owner if possible in a very calm, factual manner. People who use foul language, physical threats and general piss poor behavior get thrown out of our service departments. I cannot speak for every dealership but it is simple common courtesy…

if you are nice and explain yourself without being rude, chances are you will get taken care of. If not, then GTFO.

You told me the car has been chipped since you bought it, you just wern’t sure what kind of program it was, if so, the new gti’s had a problem when chipped, the pcv system gets all fucked up bcause of it.

I dont care about your hard proof. The point is you are fucking lying.You had three track passes alone and you are sittinh here saying you hit boost only 5 times. I could give 2 shits what happens. You and your life partners cry way to much on here. I can afford my car and it does not leak a drop of oil.

Maybe thats how it is at your store…but I know of another chevy store in town and a nissan store that completely disregard their parts/labor warranties and always blame the vehicle owner for the damage.

I dont know, beat the fuck out of my tc and it takes it like a champ. Nothing leaks, nothing squeaks, nada.

correct me if im wrong but he bought that car from dave pilger not VWofOP?

and steve…i think you should refrain from asking for advice on this forum. you know everyone is going to give you a hard time, and then you get all e-thug on them. i would say start using vortex or something. at least no one knows you or how many idiotic threads youve made about cars/modding

Tyler, It was GIAC.
I just got it APR tuned this past week. Problems ever since.

Dan, Thanks for the help. Everyone here makes it sound like I hate/want to sue autohaus. They’re very helpful, I just know how they can be sometimes.

I just want this car fixed, or a different car. That’s all.
I was curious as to how the lemon law worked and if it could be used in my situation. Pauly gave me the place to look, and I looked into it. If it all goes thru I will talk to TORQDSS and go from there.

I appreciate all the real, positive help I’ve recieved on here.

Yeah, but what you are trying to do is Lemon law a MODIFIED car.
Everyone in the Mk5 scene knows that if you chip the 2.0t you need to upgrade something in the pcv system, read up on it on vortex.
That’s your problem right there, it’s not VW or autohaus fault that your car is having problems after it had been modified

I unknowingly bought a modified car. how is that my fault? it shouldnt have a warranty then should it?

how did you buy a modified car? im sorry steve but you beat the living shit out of that car. you have been to track days and lancaster. not to mention how much you beat it on the streets. just because you got a rid in a evo doesnt mean you can just go lemon law your car.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v492/NjccBflo/laugh.gif