Let the Bears pay the Bear Tax....I pay the Homer Tax.

and BURNS explains the fical cliff:

exactly … nobody fights for the middle class

More of a case of a temporary tax cut that was designed as a stimulus eventually has to expire. The problem is they probably left it on too long. People got used to that new take home amount and since “Muricans” spend every cent they get in each paycheck they adjusted to their new net pay and figured “fuck yeah, this will be permanent!”. What they should have been doing was saying, “You know, I really make 2% less than this, maybe I’ll take that extra 2% and dump it into my retirement, or house improvements, or something that when it goes away it’s not going to hurt my monthly budget”. Nah, fuck that, I can afford BMW payments with that extra 2% I’m making, as long as it never breaks down and the government never cancels this temporary stimulus program.

yeah, I know. I get it. I am just bitter.

if this makes you bitter just remember the most weathly Americans are paying a lot lower tax rate than you are. It will make this 2% feel like nothing.

No no no, they’re not the wealthiest Americans, they’re job creators! See how much nicer that sounds?

Yeah, because the wealthy clearly aren’t paying their fair share. Oh wait…

Top earners are the target for new tax increases, but the federal income tax system is already highly progressive. The top 10 percent of income earners paid 71 percent of all federal income taxes in 2009 though they earned 43 percent of all income. The bottom 50 percent paid 2 percent of income taxes but earned 13 percent of total income. About half of tax filers paid no federal income tax at all.

so you’re telling me if you have no problem with somebody making 10x your income paying a lower percentage rate in taxes? really? Even flat tax people don’t want this.

the only thing you’ve shown me with that quote is that the gap between the middle class incomes and the wealthy has grown wider.

How much is enough for you? If the top 10% paid 90% of the taxes would that be enough? How about 95%?

Do you support what Hollande is trying to do over in France, a 75% tax on incomes over a million? I mean, no one should make that much money right?

Where’s that quote from, if you don’t mind me asking?

I think the rates are about right as of today once we close some of the deductions the wealthy use to lower their rates. No, I don’t like the France solution, it goes too far.

Texas will have close to an $8 billion surplus this year and doesn’t have a state income tax.

http://www.kwtx.com/centraltexasvotes/home/headlines/Expected-Texas-Budget-Surplus-Wont-Temper-2013-Budget-Fight-185365771.html

AUSTIN (January 1, 2013)–When lawmakers return to the Capitol next week, they’re expecting a surplus at their disposal, but key Republican leaders and budget observers say that money won’t last long or go far despite a rosier economic picture in Texas than in 2011, when the country was still lurching out of recession and the state unemployment rate was above 8 percent.

Lawmakers slashed spending by $15 billion two years ago, including $5.4 billion gutted from public education, but a revived economy has created a revenue surplus that some estimate could exceed $8 billion.

Democrats are hopeful that money can restore the deepest cuts, while Republicans have vowed to hold the line on spending.

why not make the tax rate the same for everyone, whether you make a $1 or $10,000,000?

flat tax could (and probably has) be it’s own thread, pages and pages to debate on that topic.

http://www.heritage.org/federalbudget/top10-percent-income-earners

best summed up by saying “We don’t need no education”, but mostly funded by oil and gas.

Agreed on need to revise tax loopholes. I’ve talked to the owner of the small company I work for about what he pays in taxes and it’s sick. Then GE manages to pay nothing.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Historical_Mariginal_Tax_Rate_for_Highest_and_Lowest_Income_Earners.jpg

What deductions are you referring to here? Just curious.

Also, what is your idea of wealthy? How much would someone have to be earning per year for you to consider them wealthy? I think that your notion that “the wealthy” are paying a lower effective percentage in taxes is off base.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Without even looking, I would have to guess that GE is set up as a C-Corp whereas the small company is probably set up as some form of S-Corp. It’s not a fair comparison to compare the taxes paid by GE to the taxes paid by the S-Corp/the owner, which can be considered one in the same.

Thanks for sending that…I’ll be in touch once I do some crunching.

I wish my FED W/H was <$60…

Haha, I didn’t even try. But, I did compare all the withholdings to my check.