Let the Bears pay the Bear Tax....I pay the Homer Tax.

Tire fire on the thruway or convenience store owner

Once they mint the new trillion dollar coin we should be fine. In fact we should mint a few of them while we are at it. Presto, debt problem solved!

dothead or tee pee ?

The only thing that pisses me off about this tax increase is the republicans that didn’t seem to fight for the extention. They sit around fighting for tax cuts tooth and nail for top earners, but they could give a shit less about this.

Cunts.

At some point I think they just said “fuck it, you assholes want to vote in Barry, here’s your fucking tax increases and zero cuts you seem to want to bad”.

Doctor or Healer?

Well, with the estimate in the mail. I can at least console your rage in the fact that there is more then a 3% discount included in the envelope :wink:

I like how quickly people skipped over this comment, and went straight back to shouting RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Go back and read what Jay said. This was coming no matter what they decided. They implemented an additional 2% payroll tax cut along with the bush tax cuts. They decided to extend the bush tax cuts.

You guys are bitching now could you imagine if the house said fuck it and let us go over the cliff? That would have made things extremely interesting.

Obama and the Senate said they would worry about spending cuts at the end of February when they have to deal with the debt ceiling at the same time. They claimed it was going to be a balanced approach and that they need to start with taxes. The house agreed and passed the deal on the 1st. Now Obama and the senate are saying they will refuse to make any cuts unless they are able to increase taxes even more. They are refusing to do what is right if you ask me. This 2% increase is equal to about 1% of GDP that they just took out of the system. Look for Q1 to be flat if not negative growth. They are doing everything in their power to prevent us from dipping back into the recession. The funny thing is that we are already in one if you ask me.

I don’t know man, I just don’t know.

Our leaders have really lost their way…

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Bush era tax cuts were meant to be temporary as well. Republicans fight to extend those cuts(quite vehemently), but allow temp tax cuts to middle class expire…

You realize what passed was all drawn up by your president and democrats… if they wanted to extend the additional 2% why didn’t they? They were scrambling right up to the deadline and the house (republicans) said ok because they didn’t want to take the blame for going over the cliff.

No matter what you think that 2% was expiring regardless.

why didn’t they ____________

the 2% had nothing to do with the cliff.

I’m here to reiterate Drew’s statement of title awesomeness. :tup:

I don’t get my next check until the 10th. Sounds like part of my initial purchase with it should be either KY or whiskey.

I said it was going to increase regardless. And in a sense it did have to do with the cliff. Tax increases and spending cuts.

Huffington post headline from about 2 months ago… Obama On Tax Cuts: President Rejects Republican Plan To Close Loopholes

That about sums it up, Obama not wanting to close loopholes… says a lot.

The republicans never specified what loopholes so that was a total joke of an offer.

Well we can keep making excuses or actually change. whatever.

The most accurate and useful information I have gained from this thread is that homer makes $12/hour.

That’s not an excuse, that’s what happened. I have a hard enough time trusting politicians when they actually say exactly what they’re going to do, but when they make a vague statement like we’re going to close loopholes, then refuse to answer ANY questions about what loopholes they would close, that’s when I call bullshit.

I’d go Astroglide and straight Everclear.