Let the Bears pay the Bear Tax....I pay the Homer Tax.

How unamerican

I feel very much the same. I’ve leaned on the system before & claimed unemployment to keep the bills paid. I didn’t like it, nor did I want to make it a habit. I beat feet, moved on, actually moved and got another job pretty quick. System is there for different reasons than many are manipulating it for unfortunately.

In order to avoid SS payments I think my salary for this year will be zero. :snky: … Yeah right, I wish it was that easy. :frowning: they get you one way or the other.

heres an interesting entitlement situation, theres a town in NY, 20k residents, all non english speaking jews, huge families all popping out 6,7,8,9,10 kids.
THE most impoverished city of its size in the USA, 40% of residents on food stamps, 8k people in one fucking small town on food stamps popping out babies like no tomorrow!
Anyone see a problem with this??

Jews on food stamps. No way.

Everyone does. Unless they don’t buy or sell anything, own property, have a job, have a bank account that pays any interest, etc. for their whole life.

update from today’s paycheck… I got a 2% cost of living increase effective january 1st. This SHOULD have made for about $23 extra per week in my check take-home, now with the fiscal-cliff-“avoidance” BS, my check is $9.01 LESS…AFTER a 2% increase. FUCKERS. Good thing my anniversary date is Feb. 27th so I’ll get a $1/hr raise in a month.

So you work for the state?

^ I’m guessing that applies for hourly employees as well.

Here a pretty chart of what changed

http://i.imgur.com/Yf2xM.jpg

So if you make less than $110,100 only the top line changed. Offset a bit if you get mileage or buy transit passes.

yeah its fun that way…they base the 2% raise on the lesser amount you were making then the 2% extra tax on the new higher amount leaving you with less than you started.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

i think everyone knows what is meant by this statement is that everyone pay all of the same kinds of taxes… in this specific case regular old income tax…

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

i feel very similarly…actually it is more like i would have no problem paying higher taxes if i felt like they were actually doing something effective or if those making the calls to spend that money didn’t use it so wastefully in so many ridiculous ways.

my wife and i do very well for ourselves and for the past few years we have worked day and night, weekends, holidays, etc so we could get to where we are and i still keep the thermostat at 70 because there is no point in being wasteful just because you have the means to do so… the government should take a similar approach. work hard to get the revenue that is available but don’t just blow it all on stupid policies just because there is money available to do so.

everybody spends differently when it’s not their money.

Not true I spend my company’s money like my own, I’m a jew.

^ What he said. I get a $500/day limit before I need a signature but I have my boss sign for everything. Even a $30 tool.

yes, I am an hourly employee