Lets talk Tires ::: Hot Street Tires

Damn Mark, how’d you destroy the Feddies that fast?

I’ve been tracking Federals like no tmw and I’m sure at least a handful of people witness me only use 1 set for the ENTIRE day with still decent tread.

Vlad runs these as well and he seems to love them with his 400hp ride.

Haha, no. That was the falken 912’s. Ask Martino… literally 4-5 laps= just ruined. Next summer all federal, all the time.

^ hahaha ohhh ok.

I was like NO WAY. Martino witnessed me run Federals when I was SR-powered and he was like WHATTTT how do you still have 20% left on these and never changed the rears all day.

He was like…, I’m now a Federal believer! lol

Another thing about the Federals is that the 17s last SUPER long. I think its the compound in the material and also the the factor of size. The wider it is, the more heat is displaced within the tire which make the tire not delaminate into pieces.

What size were you running? and were you running them on the mb battles?

Yeah, just posted about the g-forces. Love them.

Anyone here street driven any Rcompound tires? How harsh was the ride?

I ran 225/45/17 when I was KA powered. I tried 235s on the KA but it was slightly too grippy even going balls out with the stock KA.

I rocked both sizes on the MBs and never looked back.

Z1s for the front, Feddies for the rear!

Samson converted me to feds…no lie
All I will be buying next season.

Mark you may have killed them because you have such a ridiculous camber. Samsons car was setup perfect.

Hush pffft hush, pffft.

Next year, next year!

I’ve had RT615s and I absolutely love them. They are great at the track but they wear pretty quickly.

I tried RE01Rs this season and they did last a whole season with tons of lapping, however, I felt like they didn’t grip as well…others will agree. Maybe it’s just my car though.

615s are great cause they are cheap too.

how many of you people that have tried falken rt 615’s, have tried dunlop z specs, cuz those two seem like the clear cut tires of choice among most of you guys in this thread.This is something i wanna know to, as i have freinds runnign 615’s which love them to death, and i saw season and samson’s cars front end grip at the last gb tires drift day and those look awesome to.

i run 225 z1 star spec all the way all around for grip and just front for drift (best bang for buck daily / tracking tires) i prob put 6000km daily on it this summer with 3 drifttrackevents still have 30% tread life. my new fav tire …lol rt615s id drift on those in my rear if its 215 and smaller my ka can handle it… federals 595 and dunlop z101 are great for the rear. but cost difference is very clear.

i love federals

they last so long

they are so predictable, and they dont chunk

they are a great tire for drift because they have alot of traction sideways

meaning you can go faster, slow drifting is for homos

buy from GBtires

Nitto NT555R2

have you ever used these

federals are wicked for drifting, granted i ‘ve only used them for liek 2 hrs. But i m in love with them now, speed increase from the used tires i used before is insane. And yeah mines didn’t chunk up or nothing, but there are sections of tire that are missing, dont’ no how that happened.

I ran Nitto NT01s for most of the season. More grip then RT-615s but don’t last as long.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n278/schoeby/what/06122008.jpg

Rt-615 :smiley: I’m glad I bought them. Great tire, great price. Will definetely try the dunlop direzza star spec next to try though. I like their stiff sidewall compared to other tires, definitely a good thing.

Yeah i’d rock the Nitto’s too… but they’re way more expensive no?

lots more expensive. and i have found they are a bit more difficult to get your hands on.

pantaloons - yes, i have. on 2 of my vehicles and have driven many customers cars with them as well.

Yeah the NT-01’s are pretty awesome for griping in the front for drift. They don’t wear too fast for pretty much an R-comp street tire… as compared to the Advan 032’s, the Nitto’s are stiffer walled slightly and wear slower. Breaking with these puppies up front is like running into a wall of pillows.

They are both garbage in the rain though.

The 452’s are excellent in the rain… probably the best rain tire I’ve ever run on. The 615’s are in the mail from CSCS (I hope…) and I’m looking forward to seeing how far they’ll get me into next season. Pretty sure they will not be as good as the 452’s (in the rain) but a ton better on track.

Bing, I just peeled off a pair of NT-01’s that have some tread left… we should talk…