Lets talk Tires ::: Hot Street Tires

i have 2 pairs of brand new 452’s that i dont really need. 235/40/17 and 275/40/17… but i dont like you’re lowballin ways…lol… plus i want to get tires new now… better sense of their overall performance when you have them from start to finish

I’m running Rt-615’s now, dont have much experience with other tires but I love these, they grip great. Definatly could be better in the rain but did do okay in the wet at MTD. They wear super fast though, I’ve put 1 track day and around 3000km on them and I’d say they have ~60% tread left.

Maybe 452’s next year. Anyone ran the RS595?

Try the TOYO R1R, they replace T1R, I liked them. 140 tread wear, AA rain traction, squared sidewall edge. Pretty sure they aren’t R-compound since TOYO has the R888 which is the new R-compound replacing RA1. I’ll run them on street next year.

http://www.vladcrown.com/other/DSCN3281.JPG

Mbyeee.

how big is that rim vlad, first time seeing someone stretch a 265 onto a rim, gangster.

Hey, its an 18 x 10.5 so it’s not stretched that much, I think it just looks like its stretched in the picture because of the angle.

lol, makes my 16 x 6.5 look gay, i need a upgrade.

Well, maybe you are right actually, looking at this picture it does prove they are slightly stretched.

lol, makes my 16 x 6.5 look gay, i need a upgrade.

Nah it’s all good lol.

I’ve used the following on my S13’s

1. Toyo Proxies TPT - Shit tires in wet and dry. DO NOT BUY.
  2. Dunlop FM-901 - Good tires, but better could be had with other brands
  3. Cooper TigerPaw - Shittier then Toyo’s
  4. Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712’s - Not bad at first, good wet traction but started to cup later in life. Once they warmed up (i know), they were ok on the track but not as good as the dunlops.

Subbie

1. Potenza RE070s - Great tire, great dry traction, wear fast - no track time.

Cooper TigerPaw? You mean Uniroyal.

I’ve used Toyo T1-S, they were alright, wore pretty fast though. Currently using RT-615, fronts are like 80-90% tread, rears are about 1%. Bought them new this season. So they do wear a bit fast, but they did grip quite a bit. Anything past 10 psi made first gear spin though, but I guess that is a given. Will probably try the Nitto NT01 next year, unless the new NT05 gets good ratings and is similarly priced.

Yokohama S Drive tires, i love them, they grip on wettness just as good as if it were dry out, they are very low noise, i can take corners with stock suspension at high speeds wihtout losing traction, also they are not uber expensive, all in all im stickign with this tire, i may try out the new Nitto tire

Yea, My favorite tires thus far have been Yokohama AVID H4s, Grip the road, like crazy glue. lol maybe not that much… but I like them still.

These Z1 star thingies are good for stretch? Who stocks and mounts them?

Im a big falken fan, but willing to try the star power.

No one stocks them and yes they are good for stretch.

I stretched 215 on a 9.5J and a 225 on a 10J.

No one can get the Stars cheaper than me and can get them as fast as I can.

I might get flamed for this but I’ve been running the 225/45/R17 Nexen N3000’s (It says Lexani on my tires, same thing) since the middle of summer.
http://kijiji.ebayimg.com/i15/05/k/000/7b/d2/5141_20.JPG
I am very happy with these tires, they were relatively cheap ($480.00 for all 4 including installation, balancing, tax from A SHOP too!), have a beautiful tread pattern, they still look new (they seem to last long for a summer tire), and have very good dry and wet grip compared to my old all seasons. These are W rated, which means 270km/h!

I now feel the need to seriously upgrade my suspension and brakes, which I’m in the process of doing. :slight_smile:

Another thing, don’t buy new Michellin Pilot Sports or any of those high brand tires, they are extremely overpriced.

face, yeah, Uniroyal… I ran the tires in 99 on my hatch so my memory is a little muddled.

These were the worst tires i’ve ever had. Floppy sidewall, and chunked out pretty fast. In fact the tread completely peeled off. This is only after a small 2nd gear Gymkhana.

Hurcules G3000v - lol they smoked a lot. thats all i can say was good about them.

Dunlop FM 901’s - I had the tire pressure bumped up to like 50 psi and the sidewalls were still rolling over. when I ran them at DMCC toronto Pro am, it felt like it would over heat quickly as it would just turn super greasy mid drift. I hated these tires.

Yokohama Es100s- Super fun to drift on, and very predictable. Wouldn’t grip on them though. They didn’t last too long for neither.

Yokohama S-drive- Smoked alot =P got even more fun at the wearbars. Didn’t have too much fun as they were oversized and rubbed on my car.

Yokohama A58 (?) - I can’t remember the model but i had them on 14’s and were surprisingly good. Lasting me quite a long time and didn’t chunk out too bad at Peter’s track day.

Kumho 712 - I have to give these tires alot more respect. They lasted damn long at Peter’s track day and VIP day as well. When they’re warmed up, they have a surprisingly decent amount of grip. They were very predictable. Only problem is that they chunk out fairly quickly.

Falken 512 - Super soft sidewall. Felt like crap

Falken 912 - Harder sidewall, still feel like crap. decent for daily i guess.

Falken Rt 215- Siiiickkk Tire. Ran them at an auto-x just before the wearbars. It had incredible Grip and predictible stiff sidewall for sliding. So impressed that It forced me to buy the RT 615’s

Falken RT 615 - Cheap, wears fast but facking awesome! Incredible grip for a street tire. What I currently run in the front. They suck in the rain.

Toyo Ra1- They kick ass! end of story. First year running them I loved them. I ran them in the fronts at the begining of the season. Lol zero understeer (or i wasn’t driving hard enough =P)

Buy track tires and street tires… its the only way to get the best of both worlds. Any other way and you will have to compromise something, whether it be traction wear or feel.

For a PURE street tire you can’t beat a GSD3 or ASYMETRICAL by goodyear.

michelin pilot sport RIB is an insane tire…i used them on my car all summer and even after severe track and street abuse of 20,000k they were sticky unless they got nails in them…

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Sumitomo&model=HTR+Z&tirePageLocQty=

whats up with these things? Sumitomo HTR Z???

They have the sizes i want and are half the price of even the RT-615’s with a 160 treadwear… WTF!!!

that doesnt make any sense…

they aren’t good is why.

i haven’t driven an S chassis with them, but from my experience on a camaro they are average… for a comparison i would say they’re slightly better than Fuzion ZRi’s if you’ve used them. godawful terrible in the rain though.

they’re okay for the price, but don’t expect much out of them.