Lexus IS300

LOL, I don’t like to make threads will $100 bills.
I have money, I just like it sitting in my high interest accounts. So PULEESSEEEE let’s keep my finances out of this.

Back to the IS. I really need to drive one…I want to see if it has the “feel” a bmw does.
You know…the tightness of the doors…the firm and confident steering…ect.

here. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=258095519&dealer_id=63783591&car_year=2003&rdm=1233888037814&model=IS_MODELSCLASS_SERIES&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=75&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&make=LEXUS&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=14227&advanced=&end_year=2010&doors=&transmission=&max_price=15000&cardist=47&standard=false

personally i like the new is250’s but they’re a lot more expensive

he wants 5spd manual, thats auto.

Edit: I guess it wouldnt hurt to test drive…

Ok guys less about his cash or personal reasons and more about the cars. I at one time was considering buying one but to be honest after a test drive I was leaning more toward an E46. I ended up in a 525i as i fell in LOVE with the interior and space.

99-04 Passats are FF and Non transverse.

X…

are you a giant?

5’10" 180lbs but for my job I am often times moving equipment around and frequently have people in the back seats. I also golf a ton and love the trunk space. I <3 my 5-series…both of them lol.

yeah thats what im sayin, there was another one on there that was 5speed but it had 100k+ on it

i dont see the point in modding an is300, id rather mod an s2k? enjoy the luxury

Well if he just wants to do some changes with suspension and looks i dont see why not. I think they are sexy, and they also seem a lot better to DD than an S2K.

:word: [sarcasm]Just ask Dos![/sarcasm]

Didn’t read the thread. How many times has this been said?

I forgot to mention if you’re around 6’ at all this car will become a 3 seater. I’m 6’4" and only tiny people can sit behind me in my car. The back seat doesn’t fold down either so be prepared for very little trunk space. The steering is very firm and predictable. The biggest aftermarket for this car that I’ve found is for suspension parts.

OK, I read it. Funny how you people go into convulsions trying to carry on a conversation about gasp a car.

You’re getting some awfully conflicting info about modding it. I’d go to a lexus specific forum to get better info and sift through who here is and isn’t talking out of their asshole.

I think they’re hot as fuck, personally. Never driven one, but with like 220bhp, rwd, luxury, and reliability, it seems like an awesome DD. :gotme:

I present my proof in the form of the movie:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-tHunTeYHwI/RgXmit3HVDI/AAAAAAAAHCc/hnJqbN7BiL4/s400/Ronin.jpg

remember:

http://www.badboots.com/articles/img/ronin_car_chase.jpg

now picture replacing any one of these iconic cars from the movie with an IS300. it just doesn’t work!

most people would not think they are iconic. I certainly don’t. But apparently the euro humpers do. The question remains to be a matter of opinion.

not to mention. That movie is obviously based in europe from the looks of that police car. So obviously, they are going to use european cars to shoot the film.

The is300 would work, besides the fact that the is300 is not a mid-90s car. Try again later though. It is a ridiculous argument to make. Seriously.

you haven’t seen ronin? you are not a car enthusiast.

c’mon let’s be considerate of others guys…

lol @ a guy with a 350z roadster and a guy with a baby blue convertible arguing over car looks

:lol: it’s green, not blue according to bmw, but I have to hand it to you on that one :bigclap:

hah

at least I was arguing for equality!!

edit: 5000th post!

im looking into an is300 also

When I was looking for DD’s I test drove one.

I did not like the interior, it felt cheap. It lacks power, and did not feel fun at all. The interior was small as well. It wasn’t for me…

Test drive one and see how you like it.