LF: Job hookup, leads or referrals for entry level AUTO BODY position

Need to get my foot in the door for the auto body trade.

Anyone out there know anyone hiring for an entry level auto body position? I can do alittle of everything when it comes to auto body, weld, prep/mask/paint, surface evaluation, hammer dolly dent work, plastic repair. Very capable in all areas… just need some fine tuning and more seat time.

Top of my class graduate at Centennial… you are getting a serious individual that is willing to learn and very capable.

Looking for something in the GTA and surrounding areas, upto 1 hour drive radius. Not looking for much $$$ at all to start.

Will show appreciation with free body work/paint work sometime down the line for hookups!

i’ll follow up this week for you

tough time, industry is at the down part of a cycle because the weather has been so nice… 10% fewer auto claims in 2010 YTD as compared to 2009 YTD so very few places are looking for new staff.

things will pick up however.

Hey Bing,

Yeah thats so true…everyone I have spoke to shopowners/bodymen and my instructors included have all said it was a bad winter (or lack of) the very few handful of jobs out there in the trade are looking for replacement licensed guys or guys with years of experience. Not many shops willing to take on new guys atm due to the slow year. Very hard time for someone to get their foot in the door. It sucks I’m so eager to start and enjoy the bodywork a lot but if nothing is available out there I have to look into other work.

I really appreciate the time your spending to help a guy out.

i’ll find something for you.

Dan (happy240sx) is also a good resource inside CARSTAR and in the region you want to work in.

shit i was trying to find a summer job as well and no one was hiring, and my resume is fucking massive.

its a shitty time to go into this field in all honesty

^^^ do i have your resume? autobody as well?

yeah you’ll want to make sure your resume doesnt suck

oh its ok bing i got a job at a wheelchair place.

but thanks anyway. ill hit you up if it doesnt work out