LG Dare??

i played around with it and the touch screen is very responsive. Im looking to get one soon. The video mode you can also playback in slow mode which they said is the first phone in the USA to do that.

This got bumped so i guess i’ll update.
I’ve had the Dare for about 5 days now. ZERO complaints, the texting just gets easier and easier as i get more used to qwerty. The T9 is ultra fast and keeps up with my thumbs just fine as well.
I picked up screen protectors when i got it, and have had one on the entire time with no effect on the screen’s responsiveness.
It’s just a good phone, plain and simple.

Nice. I have to wait until September to get one. I thought my new every 2 was up sooner.

can somebody explain to me what “qwerty” is??

The Dare is a really solid phone. The touch screen is extremely responsive, a great camera, and a very customizable interface. Also the best part about it is that the browser on the phone is Rev. A capable, which for those of you that don’t know, this means the browser runs off of VzW’s BroadbandAccess network which is the same thing our Aircards use.

really…??? I mean it… really!?

does that mean you have to pay extra for the service? i know when i had my aircard in the army, it was a rediculous price for the lack of minutes/mb i was given.

look at your keyboard as you type qwerty

LOLz

i obviously saw that…but how does it apply to the phone? people are talking about it as if it’s some program…i have no idea.

you get a full keyboard on the screen or a T9 keypad.
n00b :stuck_out_tongue:

No. It’s 1.99/mb or you can get V Cast VPak for $15 and you can browse unlimited, along with V Cast Video on Demand and ESPN MVP.

sounds like a good deal for the $15. i usually surf the web on my envy and its slow as balls and doesnt even load all the pages.

im due for an upgrade in october, if nothing else comes along, i might be looking at this phone. i figure the price will have dropped by then too.

I have free unlimited access to teh interwebs for the first month. I’ve used it a few times. Pages load up pretty damn fast. Whole webpages too, including all photos.
Selecting username or password fields would be easier with a stylus, as the pages are obviously scaled down quite a bit, but its still very possible without one.

sounds awesome and cant wait to get mine.

GF just got it today… was messing around with it quite a bit. Must say its a solid phone. A lot of cool features. Was seeing what kind of hacks can be done already :stuck_out_tongue:

Just got mine a few hours ago…and so far very UNHAPPY with it to be honest…

people are saying they’re impressed with the speed of the web browser…and if this is what a phone with a “fast” web browser is considered…i really don’t want to see a slow one.

As soon as i got in the car to come home with it, i tried downloading the backup assistant so i can get all my phone book back on the phone (didn’t feel like waiting at the verizon store for a half hour when i could do it myself).

NONE of the get it now features are working…it just keeps saying “connecting” but never gets anywhere. this is the case with the get it now extras, browse & download, VZW tunes, ringtones, etc…the only one that loaded was the only one i’ll never use, the games one.

so…now i have no idea how i’m going to transfer all my contacts over other than manually off of the old phone, which i don’t have the time or patience to do right now.

secondly…while i was trying to access the backup assistant on the way home, the phone randomly shut off…weird…i thought nothing of it. The battery had 2 full bars, so i didn’t know what to think happened. and just now, while it’s on the charger (so i know it’s not battery related) i’m trying to access nyspeed from the phone to post, and just as i think it’s about the load it turns off again…WTF?

i’m also noticing that whenever i hit the button to lock the touch keypad and turn the screen off, within a few seconds (without anything touching the phone at all) it will randomly come back on every time…this is kinda annoying seeing that i don’t want the have the screen on while it’s in my pocket all the time.

Finally…my biggest complaint is directed toward everybody that thinks the sole purpose of this phone is to use it for navigation and web browsing. just because the phone CAN do that doesn’t mean every person buying the phone SHOULD pay for it. I have NO DESIRE at all for a $75/month phone bill for the sake of having Navigation which i know for a fact i’ll NEVER USE…and the web browser so far is so frustrating and slow as balls i doubt i’ll ever use that too.

The only reason i’m signed up for the web browser right now is because of the promo where if i do sign up for it and keep it for 3 months, i get to keep this 8 gig micro sd card for the phone (worth about $120 or so), so i figured i pay $15/month more for 3 months…and overall end up paying $45 for a card that otherwise would likely be more than twice that cost.

Again…there will be the people that think they know what’s best for everybody and tell me i don’t need this phone if i don’t plan on using it for all it CAN do…fuck off d-bags. i don’t own an iPod or a digital camera…and this is the best camera phone on the market…and has music player abilities and a headphone jack. so rather than spending $100 to $200 on an ipod and another $200 or so on a decent digi cam and then another $100 or so on a new phone since i was due for an upgrade anyway and my chocolate froze again…i spent $150 and got all 3 in one sweet package.

Yes, i partially bought the phone because it’s all touch screen and i like that feature…but not just for that. it has many uses i like, and is capable of many more that are cool but i don’t need.

is there something wrong with me just wanting to pay $50/month and have calling/texting and that’s it on the phone?

why would i have spent $100 on a new Envy or Chocolate when for $50 more i can have a much better camera, and the ability to hold much more music, pictures, and photos? what don’t people get about that?

i’m going to have to go back to verizon tomorrow to see if it’s just my phone or the Dare in general that sucks when it comes to trying to access all the get it now programs…hopefully it’s just mine and i can get another that doesn’t suck so much when it comes to that.

dude…sounds like ur phone is fucked.

since ive been playing with the gf’s, it has not shut off once… i was playing with it for hours last night and a while today. She has no connection issues to any of the applications. I tested all of them. The browser speed is actually not slow at all from what ive seen. SO far there have been no problems from what i can see. I would take that shit back and get a new one or complain.

and you dont have to get the navigation or data on your plan. there is a plan for $59 that has a bunch of mins, and unlimited texting.

i waited at least 5 minutes for the nyspeed main page to load before i just couldnt take it any more.

and also about the same amount of time is how much i waited for any of the get it now apps or pages to work, before i got impatient and just hit the cancel button.

pretty lame so far.

lemme test the browsing real quick again and ill post in here…ill try to get to nyspeed