light wiring issues ...?

Ok so after a bit of fucking around with my wiring … like the amature i am i fucked something up …

Anyways

Car is 1989 !80sx

so lets see
headlights turn on and flip up
High beams work

Everything else does not …
Headlights don’t flip down
i don’t hear the relay for the signal working either
and my tail lights don’t illuminate while headlights are on or when brake pedal is pushed

So after thinking about it
Fuse 10 blew and each time i tried to replace it … it blew again so something else along the circuit is cooked??
Any Help or suggestions would be great guys … and try to keep flaming to a minimal … Yes i checked the bulbs … there not blown out

Thanks
Nick

what were you doing when you were “fucking around with the wiring”

you have a short

if you keep popping a fuse its a short in the system

^
yeup, try to back track what you did you may have exposed and pinched a wire and the short may be to ground or voltage, if you have a DVOM that’ll help alot, then again you may not need one if you can trace it.

Good luck.

wow…so Im not the only one. ok so sorry for HIJACKING your thread but here we go

just like him, I installing a cd deck by my self and i accidentally touched the negative to the power, and the audio fuse blew. ALSO at the same time my back lighting for my dash stopped working, and my DRL’s aren’t working. so that’s number one

1. my low beams headlights are not stable. After a cold start i turn them on, only one of them will work OR both of them will come on and one turns off after a second, so i keep turning them off and on repeatedly and eventually they both stay on.

2. just like him, my “hazard lamp” fuse was blown and found out recently, so i was like maybe they are the DRL so lets test them out, and i take out another 10A fuse and replace it. AS SOON AS the fuse makes contact with slot it blows…so im guessing a short circuit somewhere.

3. this was here from time, my high beams arent working, before i can here a relay or something clicking on and i can see the blue high beam icon on my dash. NOW with the low beam light not stable, DRL not working, and my backlight not wokring, i cant see the blue icon ( even though the other icons come on when they need to)…so whats going on?

here is my resolution for the DRL and the short circuit, I think i might have wired the my cd deck improperly in a sense, where the light dim wire or something might not be connected to the proper wire.

so HELP ME OUT guys…im so lost and im scared to take it on the road because cops might pull me over and start giving me shit.