lightweight metal fabrication, know a guy/place?

Wondering if anyone knows someone or a shop that do stuff like this?

Trying to see how much to fabricate a belly pan for my bike. It is essentially a metal tray that can hold 3 quarts of liquid that mounts under the engine and is formed around the exhaust for ground clearance.

There are companies that made this for racing for $200+, which I am not going to spend, or I can go the dirt cheap route of using an aluminum turkey pan.

The picture shows the approximate shape and size of the pan:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9881/bellypan.jpg

Thanks! :thumbup

possiby Hank, thats his nuser name here too, try to pm him

+1 for hank
boxersix,kkkustoms,or wayne could more than likely do it also

hank . 878-6030

Yessir. Going on vaca end of next week, be back on the 18th. Can fab that no issue.

225-8384

I could do it outa CF too if you wanted. Sheet metal would be easy as cake also.

We do that too…

What do you need?

DC

That’s gonna end up looking like a bash plate instead of a chin spolier :lol
Poor sv…

Why does it need to hold fluid?

To keep engine fluids off the track

It basically is a bash plate, only there to keep any fluids that leak from the bike off of the track in case of an emergency like Boxersix said.

Gotcha, for some reason when I red the post I thought you were trying to fab up a spoiler for a street bike. Never knew track bikes needed something to collect the oil (in case you perforate the casing/blow a seal I guess?), but it makes sense.

That’s what I figured it was for.

I can do that for you as well, have a shop on main street Cobleskill. Putnam Fabrication. 598-3009 can make that out of sheet steel or aluminum.

i like the turkey pan idea…