Limited Edition 427 Corvette Z06

I just got this in an email this morning… that Vette is HOT. We were just told a few days ago we will have allocation for a Z06 so I will be trying to get one of these.

Chevrolet’s Special '427 Limited Edition Z06 Salutes the Classic 427
Chevrolet announced the 2008 Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06, a limited-production model that pays homage to the big-block Stingray models of the mid-1960s. The 427 Limited Edition Z06 features a Crystal Red tint coat exterior, the first Z06 ever offered with red metallic tint coat paint. It also features graphics on the hood and fascia that evoke the style of the famed “stinger” hood design and graphics that were offered with 1967 models equipped with the 427 engine. Also unique to this model are “427” hood badges. Each example is numbered and signed by Wil Cooksey, the Corvette assembly plant manager who is retiring after 15 years on the job, and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Available under order code Z44, this special Z06 enters production this spring. Only 427 will be offered in the United States and Canada, with 78 more exported outside North America. That’s a total of 505 production vehicles – the same number of horsepower produced by the LS7 engine.
The special-edition Corvette carries a MSRP of $84,195 and includes the 3LZ premium equipment package with a custom, leather-wrapped interior. A navigation system is the only option ($1,750). As with other Corvette models, customer delivery is available at the Corvette Museum.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh214/TORQDSS/427Z06.jpg

Great looking car. Should be something the vette crowd will go after when they get denied on a ZR-1 request.

:tup:

Oh damn it, thats just another corvette I will need to buy later in life.

Or buy it now and live at home until 30. That would be the better choice.

nice car …i dont think ill ever see one

jeez and I thought Ford was bad with the different Mustangs…

leave it to GM to come out with 3435 different Special/Anniversary Editions of a car

There’s only going to be 427 of them in the US

sexy… :tup:

hott :tup:

its not about the number they are making…

it is just GM and their lets make 25 different versions of the same car and we will give it a paint job and some different badges and now its special.

I think there are 4 different versions this year now. The mustang has more than that.

your’re right there…
Dale E Sr. Monte
Dale E Jr Monte
Tony S Monte
Jeff G Monte
Inimidator Monte (Another Dale Sr car)
etc etc etc…

They do get a little carried away sometimes with “Limited Editions” but I think they did a good job in this case

So how much more does this car cost bec. of the paint job?

Bigg $$$ car. Wish I could have one.

I going to guess this car doesn’t have a 427 under the hood?

I understand what you are saying totally , BUT, the GM cars do look a lot different from one another. I mean, every single “NEW” Mustang variation that comes out, especially all of the “Shelby” ones, have 2 big stripes running down the car, and 17", or 18" Bullitt style wheels. Even the gaudy “Shinoda” ones have the same damn style of wheels on them.

As far as the 'Vettes go,There is base, Z06, ZR1, and then this one listed here. 4 variations is fine.

d

dude… if it’s a zo6 (aka 7.0 v8) then, in other words what general motors’ is doing makes sense… 427 models with a 7 liter or 427 in3 engine… personally I don’t give a shit how many different special anv. editions they make or what colors or what trim, the fact is you are still driving a extremely potent power plant in one of the most advanced cars under 90k that you can get serviced ANYWHERE in the US…

I say :tup: to gm’s 7.0 v8 and a huge freakin :tup: to a good product!

Thanks for the news torquss! =)

427 (cubic inches) = 6.99727633 litres

Civic Sedan (DX/LX/EX/EX-L)
Civic Coupe (DX/LX/EX/EX-L)
Civic Si Sedan
Civic Si Coupe

Won’t count the Hybrid or Natural Gas models.

10 different civic’s you can buy in 08 vs 4 vettes.

I don’t see the big deal :gotme:

Keep guessing.