Lincoln MKZ

http://www.lincoln.com/mkz/home.asp

does anyone else think this is hot, or am i just getting old?

No you are not. That car looks extremely good in shit-brindle brown with a cream interior.

The ass end is pretty sharp, but the rest of it gets me about as excited as an episode of The Bachelor.

too much Grill for me…maybe if it was color-matched

You’re getting old :stuck_out_tongue: But I’m not too far behind ya because it looks pretty good to me as well.

Old checking in. Looks sharp here too.

i think the car looks great. the THX audio is soposed to be top notch as well. and the 3.5L engine is rumored to have a turbo option after 2 years of production. it was origionaly soposed to be the yamaha 4.4L V8 that is in the volvo, although i’m not sure if it was going to have the 300hp NA version or the 400hp supercharged one. Maybe the 300 was going to be the base and the 400hp optional… but at any rate as usuall they built a few then deemed the yamahamer was too expensive and went with the 260hp 3.5 duratec.

Lincoln V-8 Axed
http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060821/FREE/60821002/1041

To set the bigger sedan apart, Ford will boost the output of the base V-6 for the MKS, sources said.

the base hp on the 3.5 is 260hp so I don’t know what they will be increasing it to.

the short link about the 3.5 tech engine
http://www.blueovalnews.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=334

basicly it is a 3.5 DOHC direct injected V6, they were origionaly shooting for 250hp with simaliar tq but their test engines were consittantly putting out over 260 with a average hp of 267 crank hp. So they “oficialy” increased the rating to 260. the long articles i’ve been reading make mention several times that the engine is designed for twin turbos and that it will be optioned in several SVT (on the ford forums they stil refer to their performance devision as SVT) vehicles (edge, 500, and it is rumored that the fusion may get a NA 3.5.)

^
thats pretty interesting

When I first saw that the other day on an ad I was like what the fuck is that a Lincoln. That is actaully pretty hot, damn I feel just as bad about saying that as I did when I first saw the Saturn Sky…

the only exp I have with the 4.4 is from what i read and watch on the computer. I was watching a top gear episode where they were comparing 3 cars one was a volvo with the 4.4 yamaha (topgear made it very clear that it was a yamaha engine and not a ford) a 300C (black on black so sexy) and I don’t rember the 3rd car i was probably a Audi S6. but they were on a beach playing around and they commented that while its not the fastest of the bunch by a small margin it is the mose fun to drive because it has such a strong top end (7K rpm I believe) and they LOVED the sound if memory serves. does anyone have that episode?

also people form SHOforum and TCCA that own them and have driven cars with that engine love it but obviously they are going to be a little bias when it comes to our yamaha

This is just a Zepher right, they have been out for awhile

more or less
only its cooler

That was an s-type R and that was a jaguar AJ42 V8.

looks like a zephyr to me.

The only time I got excited about that thing was back in like early 05 when my brother got to drive a prototype, he brought it to our house with michigan factory plates on it.

You’re not getting old grandpa :wink:

minus the grill

This looks great, but you’re pretty much getting a mazda 6 yes?

is that the awd system they are using?

OLD BALLZ.

X…

Pretty sure they just changed the name because that one sucked.