Local 49' Chevy p/u

Wondering of this guy is on here. Came across the article on Stance works. Says he is from WNY.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/09/larry-fitzgeralds-1949-chevy-3100-pickup/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21857[/ATTACH]

this truck was at the marilla car show. its pretty bad ass

Larry Fitzgerald owns it and has a custom bike shop based on the article. I just want to see it in person, it looks awesome.

:tup:

ive been seeing this truck around for a while now. neat stuff.

Love it, even though it needs more turbo LS noises and burnouts.

:tup:

Using “Like” is sooooo lame. But, this truck is awesome enough for me to “Like” it.

theres really not much to it. get an s10 truck, put in airride suspension, easiest route being a kit from thorebeck brothers, then get a 48-53 chevy body and set it on there. make up some motor mounts and your done. fits the s10 chassis great. even with swapping in a v8 you could build one of these to turn key for ~6-7k.

not the same route he took, but it would probably be easier.

Pretty sure I saw this guy at Batavia home depot parking lot with his kid a few months back when I was there picking up some sheetrock (man shit)

I stared.

paging chris walker, buy this

I love it.

OMG I KNOW RIGHT!!!

these still pull big money so i have my sights set on finding a STOCK 68-72 c10

Saw this on elmwood. Shits dope

i love everything about this thing, saw it on stanceworks too. awesome :tup:

better hurry up because those are going up in price now too.

shit’s super dope.

Good advice.

So I want an OBDI S-10 with a 98+ Front End and Interior (I know the dash/steering column isses 94 - 98) that makes ~350-400 HP and drives nice for a Street Cruiser. Not looking for a 10 sec truck.

How much am I looking for a decent Starter 94, plus 98-02(?) Part Truck (Best case) with all the trimmings, Suspension, Drivetrain, Exhaust, and Power Plant…ball park? $8-10k?

How much is I just go 94 without all the Exterior and Interior BS from the 98+…?

i imagine you want to go ls…so why not just get a 98+ in the first place? you can still have 2 monitors not show ready and pass inspection and you can do it with a motor swap. joe rogers was doing it with his xtreme and thats a '99.

i would pick up a newer zq8 s10 with the 8.5" rear and then do a 5.3 swap. s10’s are pretty cheap now. just find a high mile zq8 thats clean(from down south). if you go auto make sure its a 4.3 so you can reuse your transmission, or if you go t56 the manual swap is really easy if its already a standard. just need some 5 dollar fittings and some -4an line to hook up to the factory master cylinder.

i would say if you search out the good deals you could do a pretty nice turn key for around 5k, and more like 6k if you go t56.

edit…if you really want obd1, you could find a rotted 94/95, and a minty 98+, and “combine” the best parts of each, and register the 94/95…if you get what im saying…lol

dude me too! I really haven’t looked into the logistics of NYSI with a swapped motor though. I mean doesn’t it check the VIN in the ECU to make sure it’s the same vehicle?

You can swap in a newer motor setup with emissions stuff and be fine.