Long Island Trip

its like 198 miles… and you have to go through the city and deal with tolls and shit and I only did a mapquest search from albany, add a little more time cuz your leaving from wherever you live. Yes you can get there if your doing 100+ but normal driving… I highly doubt it

2 hours 45 isn’t bullshit at all… I made it to levittown NY in 3 hours…

I dunno guys… Ive been stuck in traffic on highways around the city for hours before… so unless you leave late at night, I don’t see how it can be possible

Ummm… I drive there like 10 times a year minumum, I grew up there, and know every route to avoid traffic that there is. On thruway driving alone, I make it to the bronx in 2 hours. If you drive the speed limit and hit a little bit of traffic, it’s about 3 1/2 hours to my home town, which is about 15 minutes past DPA. I used to work on DPA, right in the heart of the strip that everyone cruises.

I do 80-85 down the thruway…

I just did a google maps directions from exit 23 on I87 to the exit for deer park ave. 2:57 doing the speed limit.

3:02 going the route that I take, avoiding the Cross Bronx Expressway, which is a traffic nightmare 23 hours per day.

im there (massapequa) every other weekend. takes me 3-3.5 hours to get there depending on the traffic. takes me 2.9-3.1 hours to get home. i have made it home in 2 hours 50 mins twice. average speed is about 75

ps: this is without ez-pass.

yeah, ez-pass is a HUGE time saver. I couldn’t believe it when I got it.

Which way do you take? Down to Jersey, over the GWB, and then over the Throgs Neck?

i love my ez pass. cross bronx expwy is CRAZY. i was just down there last week(NYC). i know a few people down in the deerpark area… dudes are nuts down there.

no i dont like that way.

i go all the way down 87, over the tapenze, over the trogs and a few other misc bridges and then hit the suck highway.

How do you not have ez pass lol.

i’ve driven down with him, deffinitly possible. not even that hard to do.

I take 87 over the Tappan Zee, bear left after bridge to 287, then do down the sprain brook pkwy that turns into the bronx river parkway, get off onto the cross bronx expressway and jump right on to the throgs neck, then take the cross island pkwy to the LIE or GCP depending on traffic

I’ve driven to levittown during 5pm rush hour traffic… took just over 3 hours from albany to levittown, and that included one piss stop as well. I cruised at 75mph the whole way, with a short burst to 140 when this 350z was begging to have his ass handed to him…:eek3

Yep. Right on.

basicly what i do i think.

its on the way.

Berlin Turnpike in Newington CT FTW

ok so theres actually a few people interested in next weekend. You people were bitching about cruises, anybody that wants to go with us should all drive down in a group.

I’ll drive down and lead the pack, but you guys better have your own directions with you. I don’t want anyone slowing me down. I drive at my own pace.

what time do you guys plan on going?

I get out of work at 6 next Friday… I’d be willing to roll out right from my job, we’ll be there around 9.