Long Island Trip

and leaving when?

287 FTW. by far the quickest and easiest way to get to fordham

That’s up to everyone else… I’m gonna stay in my old hood until Sunday evening, lol

Long Island Express ftl… i almost get hit every time.
The bridge going from the bronx to queens needs to be fixed. Shits been under constrution for YEARS and its getting annoying everytime i go down.

The LIE is the most direct route on LI. It’s straight, flat, and almost 6 lanes wide if you count the shoulders. You can go really fast on it, you just need to know when do be on it.

There’s 2 of them… Whitestone or Throgs Neck? They recently started construction on the LI side of the Throgs Neck Bridge, but almost every bridge in the tri-state area in under construction year round.

I was just on LI yesterday, made a very long day trip out of it. So anyone who bitches out because its too “far” should just sell their car and ride a bicycle or something.

I would totally be going but I have other obligations that I need to attend to for the weekend.

The Cross Bronx? You serious? Stay away from the Cross Bronx.

It depends on when you are coming down and where you are going but you want to get over to the Hutch Parkway either by going 287 EAST (Traffic from CT or White Plains) or taking Deegan (I-87) to the Cross County West. The Hutch will take you to either bridge into LI.

The sprain/bronx river pkwy run parallel to the hutch. I’m only on the cross bronx for 3 minutes before I hit the Throgs Neck anyway… If there is traffic going east, it backs up the hutch and the cross bronx, so it doesnt matter either way.

I live here so I know. :slight_smile:

The difference is that going the Hutch route avoids Cross Bronx which can be backed up especially if Yankees are playing. Yes, the traffic can spill onto the Hutch but the Cross Bronx can be a nightmare. I’d stay away as long as possible.

But, going the I-87 route puts you through a $1.50 toll. You could jump off either parkway and find the Cross County to get to the Hutch. Either way is potential traffic but most ppl stay away from Cross Bronx.

I used to live there, and make the trip daily… lol :slight_smile:

Then take the Cross Bronx. Wave at the Yankee Fans and the NJ scum bags waiting in line for the GW. :slight_smile:

Every time I go back to LI the cross bronx is backed up westbound, it makes me laugh, hahhaa

It’s ALWAYS backed up. NJ traffic completely fucks that entire area. It kills me because I have to use I-95 towards GW to get onto the West side highway and I sit in that bullshit.

omg, what a fucking nightmare… lol

Yeah I sat in the cross bronx traffic yesterday at like 5pm… wasn’t TERRIBLE but it was definitely backed up.

Yep.

Oh, and for those of you who have never driven downstate before and are thinking about driving down yourselves… haaaave fun! It’s a lot different than it is here. :slight_smile:

I’ve said too much…

once I hit exit 16, it’s a fucking race, nobody is allowed to pass me. lol

Try riding to a Yankee game in a car that was overheating in traffic with a friend high on shrooms in the passenger seat tripping and seeing a police dog, freaking out and the driver looking for the dog, crashing the car into a newer Audi, standing in front of the license plate, giving the Audi driver $400 and leaving, having the tripping friend thinking he’s dying because a piece of the mirror glass cut his forehead, making him bleed, finally getting to the Bronx, the friend going into a store, coming out thinking the Cubans are going to kill him, finally getting in the stadium, staying 2 innings and leaving and getting home before the 13 inning game was over. Fun time.

Travis hacked PJB’s account!?