Looking for a Mine's ECU for a LS400

no no guys, let’s take vlad’s advice. I’ll do the honors.

only take these posts seriously.

OP is not aware that the mines ecu is not just some cheap little chipped honda ecu. Mines ecu is a totally rbuilt ecu . Used these units cost about $1500+ if you are lucky enough to find some one in Kangaroo land or Japan to sell you one and ship it over here

Found one but it’s around $900, plus you have to trade in your stock ECU (which I don’t know if they’d accept since it’s a USDM unit)… If you don’t trade in your stock piece, you’re charged another 84,000 YEN (around $850 or so)…

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/uous/mines-vxrom-si-toyota/

They have one for the UFC10 w/ 1UZ-FE (your car)

i knew there was a reason i owned a mazda…

screw spending all the money on this Mine’s ECU. Run Megasquirt /thread

ouch fail. didnt know it was that ups in price. maybe ill take the suggestion of not needing the ecu. if SRS thinks that at probably just headers exhaust intake can run fine without the ecu, ill skip on it. Stock ECU Turbo? yay or nay?

I don’t know much about your car, but I’m pretty certain turbos would not be a cheap installation. I doubt headers / exhaust / intake would be any less than $1500 if done properly too…

If you want to be able to go fast from time to time, how about getting a nitrous kit installed? That’s probably the route I’d take with a luxury car with already ample power if I wanted to let it rip once in awhile in a straight line and surprise some folks…

so may i ask why you want to make an ls400 fast? and if you are looking into a turbo are you looking into rebuilding the motor. i don’t care how reliable toyotas are, 240k + boost is not a good idea unless you have a spare motor or plan to rebuild.

PM SRS BZNS With SRS Questions about modding that engine. Other than that u wont get far with this thread…

You don’t make a cruise ship into a tug boat.

:ponder

I still say run Megasquirt if you really want a tunable ECU. A MS setup will only run you a few hundred bucks

:number1 :clap :lmao :wow