Looking to install lower springs, need advice

I think what you’ll find it that you’ll like them more than stock for farting around on the streets… if you said you wanted to do lots of autoX or track days I’d tell you to spend more.

some, not lots

I am also not competitive in nature at those events, strictly fun time

If the springs arent much stiffer than stock, you would probably enjoy the new springs more than the stock ones. I would just get them and try them out. You can always get some coilovers and sell the springs at a minimal loss in the future.

Ummm cut the fucking shocks… DUH!!

it is really no wonder you get banned so often

:frowning: Twommy I miss you. You need to change the shocks, and did you install the new springs? to see how it is…

Just paid for them yesterday. Maybe if they come soon I can do it next weekend. After that, I won’t have much time for another few weeks, so I hope they come soon.

You won’t need to replace shocks/struts right away if you don’t want them. They will wear faster, sure. But unless you plan on holding them to return to stock, might as well abuse them. People usually don’t pay that good for a used stock set.

Def gonna need an alignment right away. Not sure about the CC plates. I would think you’ll be fine if running the stock wheels.

I don’t know about the spring rates on that car but 2" is a pretty healthy drop. If the springs aren’t stiff enough for the drop it will bottom out a lot, thats the problem with a lot of springs that are more just for looks. The stock shocks will make this much worse as they wear out. I was stuck on stock struts with lowering springs for a summer and it got bad pretty quick.

as long the camber stays under about 2 degrees (thats >-2 degrees) It shouldn’t make a noticeable difference in tire wear. I assume you don’t have to worry about it going the opposite direction. Be sure to get the toe corrected asap though, it can kill tires quick.

I am thinking about just selling the springs back off once they get here. I am thinking this is a bit more than I wanted to get into.