Looks vs. Performance

Now I know most of us don’t have unlimited disposable income to play with our cars, so most of us try to budget out everything and stay with in reason…even tho it never works out and you always spend double.

So for the sake of argument lets say that you want the best of both worlds but in reality you could only do one and do it right…which would you do atleast in the immediate knowing that over time…all goals are reachable.

Something like a full Body kit or JDM front or repaint to better than new standards?

Full Motor swap or forced induction with built internals?

I am just curious because my suspicion would be that none of the Domestic guys would do anything about looks where as the Import/Euro guys tend to have more of a “show car” attitude where both phases are addressed.

Not saying either way is my way or the right way but I am curious to see what our community is more into, Looks First, Speed first, or some of Both along the way? :tup:

Happy Voting

All about the show.!!!11!1!1

Fast gets you in trouble and costs double when shit breaks, show gets you the girlies and the thugz leaving your shit on bricks.:smiley:

its a hard call, i love having plenty of power, but at the same time i loooove body mods … i have at least a dozen cars i want to build… and only one on the list is “stock” bodied, and only one other one on the list is a full custom body and something plain under the hood …

i liked go before show

like when i showed up with some faded paint crapbox mr2 with 14’s on the front and 16’s in the rear…that ran mid 12’s…

and then last year i did all the appearance work…paint, front lip, new tail lights, racing seats…and then went low 12’s…

and then i sold it…d’oh…

Both FTW :tup:

Both, and this sounds like a :repost:

:word:

well, i personally would have gone motor first, but got into a fender bender so figured “might as well get the good stuff” and did the body kit and lights. but if i had to choose i would go F/I before anything

my bad…I was just sitting here starring at magazines and I wanted the opinions of the board members…if it is a repost…feel free to delete :slight_smile:

it boils downn to what kind of car you have i guess lol … if you ahve a fast POS you’ll tout the go… if you ahve a slow luxo hot ride you tout the show …

its funny - here on the west coast, cops can detain your ride if they suspect any custom engine mods for 30 days - so every other civic / teg is riced with body kits.

personally, i prefer the show and go.

Speed over looks. But I’d rather spend some on looks just so it doesn’t look like I’m driving something I don’t care about.

And I suck at life soooo much I voted wrong, then had to fix it :ham:

form definatly follows function.

I said best of both, because I want the car to be complete, not just lobsided. Going fast and looking good doing it.

Both FTW!

both for me

both for me

its all about customizing, and that means that EVERYTHING has to be custom, body/interior/and motor!!

best of both

Though I own two imports, I care nothing about the so-called “import scene”, and in fact, I try to disassociate myself from it as much as possible. For me performance is all that matters, and until recently, the domestics really haven’t made a car that appealed to me that I could actually afford. When I speak of performance, I am also talking about overall performance, not just a peak dyno number or 1/4 mile time or trap speed.