Losing the family pet blows.

Wednesday night I got a call from my mom telling me that our dog we’ve had for 13 years died. Such a shitty feeling. I haven’t been back to the house yet but I know it’s going to be weird as fuck to not have him there.

We had him and a female. They were both Pekenese-Poodle mixed. Now I’m just worried about the female seeing as her bestfriend just isn’t there anymore. And isn’t it common for one to follow suit shortly after the other due to the emotional attachment that was lost?

Really sucks for my mom, those dogs are like kids to her. ugh.

For anyone that doesn’t have a dog, it’s really like losing a family member.

awww that sucks

I know our lab got pretty depressed/mopey when our greyhound died…he definitely wasn’t acting the same for some time.

That sucks Paulo.
We lost our husky over the winter…and it was the hardest thing putting her to sleep.

Our wiener dog is 15 yrs old and he is still trucking along but he has some problems…I just hope when he kicks the bucket it will be in his sleep.

I can’t bare to watch putting a dog down.

Yea so far the female isn’t right at all. She doesn’t know what to do with herself and keeps wandering around the house like she’s looking for him.

I’m so sorry :frowning:

Sorry to hear. The thought of losing my dog just brings tears to my eyes.

:frowning:

im sorry bud… like I told you before. if you think it would really help, you could come over and cuddle with ryan tonight. I wouldnt have a problem with that.

:frowning: sorry dude. on a serious note

yea i just shaved my ass too, spoonin won’t be gross. sorry to hear about the dog tho.

sorry :frowning:

both of my goldens died within 1 day, 2 years ago. it was a shitty time, i know the feeling. sorry to hear :frowning:

I know the feeling man, my parents had to put my dog to sleep while i was at school one day. The second i walked in the house i knew something was wrong before i even saw anyone. To this day i leave the bottom corner of my bed open for him. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks for the comments guys.

My parents are having him cremated. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest, but whatever.

I’m dreading going to the house and seeing the females reaction…

yikes…I can’t even imagine. sorry to hear

Does that mean you won’t stiff me on a hug next time? :mamoru: