So yeah...

so yeah my dog just had a massive seizure and now is is pretty much catatonic. I highly doubt he will live through the night…and if he does somehow pull through the night we are taking him to be put to sleep. There is nothing we can do. He is 14, and we got him when he was 5 weeks old. I LOVE this fucking dog. This sucks. WTF! If I start to cry I’m going to kick my own ass. This is one of those situations where its just…damn…it really hits you when your dog goes, especially one that is like a part of the family. Say what you want about me being a pussy and shit for posting this…I don’t really care…I’m just really upset right now. I need liquor.

Sorry to hear. Losing a pet is tough.

It’s OK to cry when your dog dies. He’s 14, it’s time to go. The poor guy is probably in pain each day so look on the bright side; he won’t be suffering anymore.

i had a similar thing happen with one of my last dogs. She came into my room in the middle of the night and just stood there breathing really hard. I got her to lay down but she couldnt stop breathing hard. I woke my parents up and we got her into their room on her bed and she eventually calmed down. The next day should couldnt stand up at all, so the following day me and my brother carried her into the car and my parents took her to the vet. She died right there at the vets. I guess she had a stroke that night and lost the use of her rear legs, and the stress of us carrying her and going to the vet sent her over the edge and she died.

I’ve had dogs my whole life so i know how you feel when you lose one.

sorry to hear :tdown:
I’ve had a cat for about 11 or 12 years now…she’s on her last legs, that’s gonna be tough too

but on a side note…aren’t you the guy that got flamed for always seeking sympathy on here, and posting about your problems?..wasn’t the “Who Has ADD” thread yours too?

Just curious…wonder if this will turn into another 10 pages too…

i remember balling my eyes out when we had to put r dog down :frowning: she was there ever since i was born so it was very tough

the loss of the pet is awful, but the animal hospital in orchard park is 24 hours i believe

I just lost my cat who has been my boy since the day he was born, he was 10. He just randomly died back home, and it hurt.

My mom said he wasn’t eating and she took him to the vet, the next morning I had 5 missed calls so I’m like wow somethings up back home I should find out. So I called and she said he didn’t live through the night, I started crying. It happens, sad thing was he wasn’t sick or anything I honestly think it was cuz he missed me, so I blame myself for moving.

Either way, hope all is well, enjoy your last night together if he doesn’t make it.

damn thats hard shit dude

Its totally ok to cry over losing someone/thing close to you. Its been said a million times already but know that he isnt suffering and time will heal all wounds

sorry to hear, i had to do the same to my dog a few months back

Get off the internet and spend time with him. And don’t be a fool and drink.

Aw so sorry. It’s tough.

My cat started having seizures before he passed away. We went and got seizure medicine, but my mom decided to be a shitty person, and not give it to him. He ended up having a seizure like a few weeks later, and died in my dad’s arms. :frowning:

Now I’m all sad.

So yeah he’s gone. So first thing tomorrow morning I’m burying him. :tdown:. He was mad old. His hips were bad and we think he had cancer. We took him to the vet regularly every few weeks for a checkup. hey said he didn’t seem to be in any sort of pain so it was ok to let him go naturally…its just walking into your house and seeing him having the mother of all seizures that really sucked the most. Oh well…part of life. Just really blows because my neighbor whom I am really close with and have known my whole life is in hospice and dying of diabetes, and a friend of the family died last night. So its like holy freakin hell, talk about the stress factor going off the scale.

Its cool man…pets come to mean alot to all of us that have them. There is no shame in being emotional about the loss of one.

All we are is dust in the wind…

bummer

Yeah. Just sux balls right now.

Maby its better he went now, I know the last dog I put to rest I had to go all night know he was gone in the morning, it was the hrdest thing I’ve ever had to do, good luck.

:frowning:

sorry to hear…but he’s 14… my dad ran over my 16 yr old pom who was deaf and blind. best thing for her.

edit: he didnt run over her on purpose. :slight_smile: