Lost a close friend the other night

I was on my way into work lastnight and one of my firends I work with comes up to me and ask me if my buddy we worked with got killed yesterday sure enough it was him. Some of u who hung out in Unointown may have new him. I know u guys out at HD knew him because vapor trail bought his old acura. This is like the 8th person I knew this year that got killed and this is like the 3rd person I knew that got killed on a bike.

Motorcyclist dies in collision with truck

By The Tribune-Review
Thursday, October 20, 2005

A motorcycle collided with a tanker truck on Route 40 Wednesday, killing a Fayette City man.

State police said Matthew R. Jones, 30, of 907 Fayette City Road, died in the 5 p.m. accident. He was pronounced dead at Uniontown Hospital.

Jones was traveling west on Route 40, just west of Jumonville, at a high rate of speed, police said. As Jones negotiated a sharp curve, both westbound lanes of Route 40 ahead were occupied by vehicles and Jones applied the motorcycle’s brakes, according to police. Jones lost control and the motorcycle struck the rear of the tanker truck driven by Glenn Anton Koehler, 38, of Long Lane, Mo. Jones was wearing a helmet.

http://www.streetnstrip.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1551

sorry to hear sammy… seems like all these ppl dieing lately werent that good of riders. and should of known that speeding during certain hours on certain roads can lead to danger. its more then just being able to operate the controls. its mental thing also. you need to think ahead alot more then you would with a car

look to the brigther moment till you can get over it

30 is too young…

I had a bike when I lived in CA. Weather was right for it, but traffic wasn’t. Too many close calls.

Sorry to hear.

:frowning:

wow. im really sorry to hear that. :frowning:

holy shit…that sucks :frowning:

I am sorry to hear this…my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

yeah it does. he was always a cool guy.

sorry to hear…

sorry to hear

im sorry to hear that…i hate hearing about other riders going down, especially for good.

I knew Matt very well, he was a very good guy and this is a tremendous loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Im going to try to make it to the funeral tonight.