loud ticking?

my engine is making a loud ticking noise im not sure what it could be any suggestions? it does have 219k on it so im sure that might have something to do with it

does it have oil in it??? lifters tapping???

:word: +1

:word: +2

Check that asap or :in for a grenaded head:

Rod knock? What kind of car or truck is it.

Exhaust manifold leaking? Does it get faster with RPM change?

when i revved it alil grayish smoke came out

its a 1980 porsche 928

i should prolly do an oil change asap then huh? as of now im just getting it prepped for a paintjob but come to realize that i also want it in decent running condition maybe i should just replace all the fluids while im at it

it seems as though you dont take care of things very well… def change the oil fluids belts plugs filters etc

awww fuck its a ticking time bomb thats what it is…i was thinking it burned oil and you forogot to fill it up and tick started. but check the oil level

i just got it less than a week ago and havent really drivin it yet except home from the guys house i got it from and i started it up a couple times and just noticed it could it be a rear main seal issue? because thats one of the things i was told it could be

and what does a rear main seal do? think real hard on this one…

well i understand that but the previous owner told me a few of the issues were a rear main seal and slave cylinder and thermostat how hard of a job is it to replace that seal? the part is like 60 bux but not sure what im lookin at timewise to do the job

its a porche. expect a fuckload of time.

check the oil.

could be a lifter that went bad

gona do an oil change later and see what happens