Lowell, Mass. Troopers

So i’m on my way home from New Hampshire this morning after going to the Linkin Park & Coheed and Cambria concert lastnight, which was an unbelievable concert I might add! I’m passing through Mass. and going over a ramp and trooper standing out of his car on this 2 lane ramp pointing and pulling people over. I happen to be one of those lucky people to get pulled over.

The trooper first told me I was being pulled over for a 64 in a 55. Yea, definitely bull shit to begin with. I hand him my ID and my registration and wait patiently as I know he’s going to write me this ridiculous infraction. He quickly comes back to my vehicle to tell me I don’t have a license, that my ID is a Motorcycle Permit. I tell him in New York when they issue you a Motorcycle Permit, they take your driver’s license because by law you can not have more then 2 New York State ID’s. He interupts me to say “You don’t have a license.” I reply by saying “Have you even ran my ID? I have a driver’s license.” The Trooper quickly snaps back at me saying “I’m the Authority Figure, not you, I do the asking of the questions!” He walks back to his car runs my ID, comes back 5 minutes later with that precious little piece of paper, hands me stuff back and lets me on my way.

I have a ton of respect for the law enforcement but this guy definitely was a prick! I know i’m out of state and i’ll be lucky to catch a break but this guy definitely had a bad attitude about wearing the badge on his chest.

End Rant :headbang

thats so gay, and what can you do about it ya know?

Where is your bike license? :tong

Their overrated, Vlad!

No, i’ve been riding for a long time and you’d think i’d have it by now. I told myself this year i’m going to take the road test once the nice weather breaks.

haha

“im the authority figure here”

then do something BEYOTCH

its because your driving a civic… j/k man

File a complaint with MA. There’s no cause for that shit as you sound like you were very polite.

Authority figure? He is at the mercy of the people.

Yea, the more I look at this topic, the more i’m tempted to file a complaint against him. There was absolutely no reason for the way he treated me. I treated him with respect like someone should and didn’t make any wise ass remarks to him.

You got a badge number? Name?

Sounds like he’s either

A) an ass all the time
or
B) had a bad day

or both, either way it’s no excuse.

Exactly. He has to be held responsible for his actions. I completely understand if he has some attitude if you give to him. But, in this case, it’s not justified. If you don’t say anything, you are doing the next person who deals with that crap a disservice.

wow… sounds like a great guy! :rofl

i agree with the above. file a complaint. its worth a try at least.

guess I’m in the minority here, but I say just let it be. It’s not like he pulled you out of your car and embarrassed you or anything. Hell, you didn’t even get a ticket or even a written warning. Could have been a rookie cop that is unfamiliar with NY laws. I’m sure you would have a slight attitude problem too if you had to deal with the scumbags cops deal with on a regular basis.

Be grateful that he didn’t write you a 64 in a 55 ticket. He was probably embarrassed that you were right and just let you go.

He did write me a 64 in a 55.

I have the officer’s name too.

You don’t need his name. The ticket should link you to him.

Yea, I knew that but someone asked me if I had it. I’m actually in the middle of putting a letter together right now.

I’m pleading guilty as well. Technically, I was speeding and I wouldn’t ever try to argue that, which I didn’t. Maybe it’ll get dropped with the letter I include. Who knows.

oops… missed that part… HAHA.

I still say just pay the out of state ticket (no points!) and be on with your life.

Never plead guilty.

Call the DA directly or ADA and explain the story. Ask for a reduction. Then, file the complaint.

Guilty = the whole fine

Okay, this is my next question because i’m unsure of this and this is my first moving violation I have to pay. Some people tell me the points carry over depending on which state your in or where you live. Will this carry over into New York? I called my insurance agent, who happens to be a really good friend of mine and he said that it would. So i’m kind of up in the air if it will or not.

If I get a ticket for a moving violation in another state, do I receive points on my NYS driver license?

The NYSDMV does not record out-of-state violations committed by NYS drivers in other jurisdictions. The exceptions are alcohol-related violations, drug-related violations, and moving violations committed in Quebec or Ontario. Under special agreements, traffic convictions in Quebec or Ontario are recorded on NYS driver license records and carry points. Except for violations in Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS record for out-of-state violations.

If you do not respond to a ticket or fail to pay a fine for a moving violation that you committed in any state except Alaska, California, Michigan, Montana, Oregon or Wisconsin, the DMV suspends your NYS driver license until you respond to the ticket or pay the fine. If a driver from a state except these six states fails to respond to a traffic ticket issued in NYS, their driver license will be suspended until the driver responds to the traffic ticket in NYS.

Drivers from other states must contact the DMV in their home state to get information about the effect of a traffic violation conviction that occurs in NYS.

If you receive a conviction for an alcohol-related or drug-related driving violation in any state, your NYS driver license is revoked for at least six months.

Straight from the DMV website. Hope it helps.

http://shift518.com/index.php?topic=1042.0