Lowering Springs!

i found a set of factory springs that drop it 0.8 inches! 280$
and i also found a set of factory springs that drop the car 2 inches! 360$
just 4 springs

do u think 2 inches would be too much for a z31??
i know the ride wont be as smooth, but wont i get increased handling , plus ill be low

If you drop it less than one inch, you might be able to get away with using your stock shocks.
If you drop it 2inch’s you will need different shock cause that would trash your stock type ones. You will need something designed for that much of a drop and for very little movement.

But I would recomend getting aftermarket shocks either way, it will make your ride more comfortable when lowered, and provide better handling in all conditions and at all speeds.

Agree with geting shocks^^^^^

Z31 struts suck ass!!! even with a stiff spring. You will need a good spring and a good shock to make it any good. And who cares if its stiff. Thats what you want isnt it? I hate having a sloppy suspension and a Z31 defonatly has one of the most sloppy stock suspensions I have ever rode in. I like what Jason did for his set up. Not too sure what he got but its good. Ask him about it.

I believe he has intrax lowering springs with aftermarket shocks, sway bars and bushings.

I have tokico illuminas, intrax springs that are cut a little more and I am using st sways with solid bushings and I made the rear end have adjustable camber. Just put the shocks on the hardest setting and you are good to go. I will eventually do a custom coilover setup with either a s13 or z32 rear end.

I have some brand new Suspension Technique springs that I will sell you for less than that. They are some of the best aftermarket springs for the Z31 and provide in the area of 1" drop.

I have the B+G Springs in my Spec V and it was a 2 inch drop, and there I haven’t had any problems with it at all. Obviously when you buy springs you have to expect it to kill your shocks faster, but hey who cares gives you a reason to rip you car apart later down the line.