Ls1 mods

Been reading info on cheap & free mods for LS1 and more confused now than when I started.

Q porting MAF and TB any gain for stock setup or waste of time?

Q Spend $ on ram air setup or free mod?

I dont rec. porting the MAF. I ported/filled my TB which is probably a little more effort than what its really worth.

SSRA/FTRA setup is worth it, I have the SSRA myself.

EGR mod, do a search for it, unless you have a 01-02.

Drill mod, do a search, worth it for all years.

-j

Not familiar with Drill Mod but thanks for the qwik reply.

Forgot to mention, drill mod is for M6 only. You take the clutch line out and drill out the restriction in the line. Its not hard, but take your time because you DONT want to f*ck up.

-j

Duh Drill mod (clutch Mc) I feel stupid now.

i have a Shaner S3 ported TB and i didnt notice much, so i dunno how much diff the cheap ways to mod the stock one will work.

boost

its a big difference when u get a nice cam in there… i noticed some gain up top vs my stocker !

my boyfriend knows alot about LS1’s. you should try talking to him.

just call jj’s and get the answers right the first time.

I know they have the info but I don’t want to annoy him with questions he has business to run and I am a DIY on the little stuff. I bought the car from him but don’t want to be an ass and run down there or call with every question. Your truck looks familiar do you go to MP much.

just call us

10-4

over & out

ya i know…right now i have LS6 and i like it. i didnt post that to sound like i was dissatisfied with the TB. just tryin to givee the dude a realistic answer. but i’m very happy with it just so u know. thanks again :beer:

start stripping some weight from the car

Make a plan . How fast do you want to go ? 10s , 11s , 12s ? Then start talking to pro’s that run that time . Don’t waste time or money on parts that may not help you get to your goal . I know I talk to people all day about mods and I would bet money JJs do too .

High 12s would be nice but low 13s would make me happy. When I bougth the car I was going to drive it for work but I like it to much for weekend cruiser.
W/That said some people seem to think light mods (no cam) and a deep gear will give we what I want but If I go gears I want a 2nd rear end so I swap the stock ones in an evening if I want to go on a long trip. Any thoughts.

i,m running 4;56!:smiley: