LS1, now with 12 cylinders

fuck your “project”, right? saw this browsing Conversions and Hybrids on there.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1643786-v12-ls1-build.html

:tup:

Glad to see it going in a quality car

You see, ONE color, not two or three, or four !! Take notes rob.

Lol

Whhhaaattttt?

Hate to be “that guy” but there is a 4 cylinder Ls1 hidden in that build thread that has me way more interested. I feel the 4 cylinder Ls swap would be tits for motorcycles etc.

Agreed. Lots of bikes nowadays are pushing 170+hp, but they’re doing it with the help of ITBs, crazy high compression, and 16,000rpm redlines. Assuming a stockish LS1 makes 300whp stock, you’d have a 150whp V-4 with lots of room to grow. I wonder what it would sound like…

I saw the V4 too.

Would that be called an LS.5?

I actually think the lsv4 in a bike would be pretty lack luster. As aprillia/Honda etc has been doing it for years and have it dialed.
Id love to see this v4 swap be available,cheap and reliable. I think this would demolish the sr20,ej25,f20 etc scene. Really any longitudinal rwd bases platforms. Serious game changer.

This is the loudest thing to scream 'MERICA since some militia guys told the British to GTFO of our country.

+1. would try one in my caterham/locost super7 build for SURE

Inb4 gm makes ls v4 powered rwd frs killers

I always wondered why they didn’t downscale the LS1 to a 4 cylinder version to use instead of the ecotec. It seems like they have the LS1 pretty well ironed out + it would have outstanding power

Ducati desmo is a 200hp L4 and the aprillia rsv4 is 201hp V4 .I don’t know much more you can improve on a L/V configuration 4 banger under 1000cc without adding psi or n2o.

the next big thing to gain power will be the removal of camshafts in engines.

Yeah that free valve technology seems pretty sweet