ls1 porsche 944....

im planning on doing this conversion but i wanted to see if anyone on here knows anything about this. i would be going with the renegade hybrid conversion kit and an 01 vette ls1. thoughts?

YES!

can’t wait to see the results and very curious to see how you come in on budget.

well it should all be around 10g finishing the engine, buying the car and the kit but i was wondering if anyone on here might know someone who has done this or something like it?

i think an ls1 has been dropped into every car possible…good luck with the conversion

10g, come on really? I wish this was possible.

if your Jewish and look for deals it is very possible. lol the engine is 1500 at most away from running at 400-450 hp. the kit is 2000. LSD around 1500 new and you can find these cars for 3000 or less. so 10g give or take.

of course I’m being very optimistic. lol

don’t forget to keep $3500 or so on the side for the things that go wrong and need custom work done along the way…

yay wiring lol

I looked into doing this a couple years ago. I came out with a number more around 14-15k

I had also budgeted 5000 for the car, and had brake and suspension upgrades in the price. The Porsche guys hate when people do this to the car, MPD is a good reference, and if you actually do it, he may be the person you want to talk to. If in the next couple years I get an extra $10k cash I will probably still do this swap as the 944/951 is one of my favorite cars.

I wanted to do this to like a 928 or so. So small and nimble, haha.

I can answer any specific 944 questions you have, also if you like fabricating put the T56 from the Vette in as well with custom axles. Get’s rid of that fun Ring and Pinion failure in the 944 stuff. LEAST you should be doing is a 944 Turbo trans.

Are you high?

928’s are the tug boat of the Porsche lineup, large, ugly, and heavy as shit.

Interesting project…

Sounds like a really neat idea. +1 on keeping a $3-4k and 3-4 year margin on a project like this.

Yeah, a porsche with 50/50 weight dist. that can easily be stripped to 2900lbs and already came with a V8 must be a stupid idea. And a 928 uglier than a 944? :picard:

Everything is cooler with an ls1

924, same difference…

Not even close.

You really are a fucking moron, you know that right?

:mamoru:

soooo about that LS1 / 944 swap… yea.

You sound like a 12 year old when you post.