Ls1 vs Honda CBR 1000

ran today at the light on rt _ at the _ corners…I am not overly familiar with bikes…
I asked him if it was a 600, he said 1000…
Went from a dig, he spun pretty hard on launch as did I, put the car semi-sideways even on my Mickeys and had to let off to regain traction…
We stayed in it and were about dead even at 80-90, he was lifting the wheel on every shift…
About 90 he started to pull a bike or two on me when some cock block in a PU truck pulled out of Tops in front of me and I had to let off and drop back behind him…
I’m sure he didnt get the best run off by any means but in my defense neither did I…
I know in a drivers race I would get smoked but it was still nice to hang :carnut

YA FUCKING ASSHOLES ALWAYS TRYING TO USE THE STREET FOR NORMAL DRIVING!!! GOD FUCKING ASSHOLES DONT THEY KNOW WHAT A STREET RACE IS?!?!?!

^stfu hooomooooo. Good run never know what can happen on the street. Pretty big intersection ya’s ran at I bet alot of people got a good show!

yeah ok dude, we were playing a little further up the road and he did a major fly by on me thats how I know he was game…
We had a short convo at the light, he tached it up when the green arrow came and it was on…
yeah I’m sure people pull wheelies on every shift under normal driving conditions…
Then when we caught up at the next light he told me he couldnt catch traction…

yeah there was a car load of kids in a Scion or Kia or some shit throwing revs behind the bike, if they are on here they witnessed it…

ummm where did the replies go?

o’rly?

lol thats what i thought too when i read.

I doubt the bike spun its tire, and unless the honda was an oldschool 1000 hurricane or something it should have wasted you considering your sig says hopefully high 11s and new 1ks are running 10s with a shitty rider

:tup: el oh el

Would you say that you were out performed that last race???

even a 600 would walk high 11’s hard.

must have been an oldie, a 1000 pullin hard enough to lift its front each shift would have crushed you, unless of course your runnin easy 10’s or somehow you were running downhill while he was going uphill, that or you were wicked baked and mistaken a 250 for a 1k

this doesn’t sound correct at all. you say you were dead even at 80-90 and he was lifting every shift and he spun hard on the launch? if it was a 1000rr, by 80 he should have shifted once if he was actually racing, and spinning on the launch on his part seems highly unlikely. have you ever ridden a motorcycle?

Run your car at the track so we have a better idea of how much of this story is valid.

i ran 10.9 on my cbr 600, lets line up.

It is what it is, maybe he missed a shift I dunno…
He told me it was a 1000, no I personally have never ridden a street bike, I had dirt bikes and shit as a kid but never a street bike…
I stated in my post he should have beat me…
I guess on the streets anything can happen

Truth.

hmmm, tire spin? maybe if he just stared riding… or just pulled out of his drive way an it was cold out?.. But even then, with some common sence and some use of the clutch thats not a problem… Lifting 1st an 2nd while racing, obvious… but waiting to pull a bike or 2 by 90… hmm by then a 1000 should be running away like Mighty Mouse on meth?! eh who knows. good race i guess?

hard to believe…cbr1000 is a high 9 or low 10 sec bike. Those tires will NOT spin on the streets…unless you use the front brake. Staying with a bike, you need a 10sec car. Beating a bike, you need to know how to drive your 10sec car.

I beg to differ. I could light up the back tire on the R1 from 40 or 50 and i def. was not using the front brake

truth just lean a little forward to take the weight off the back and switch to the front and you will spin hard…

But i bet he was just messing with you, because i would do the same to every car i race on my r1. Just see there faces when your close then look again when they’re like omg hes fast