LS2 Upgrades

why do you say that?

over a $1,000 for 15hp over a LS6 intake? That is just stupid. You are better off getting the L92 heads with a matching intake that comes with the 90mil TB.

[quote=“jeeves744,post:22,topic:24623"”]

over a $1,000 for 15hp over a LS6 intake? That is just stupid. You are better off getting the L92 heads with a matching intake that comes with the 90mil TB.

[/quote]

i agree with jeeves on this one. the FAST 90/90 never seemed even close to worth the money in my eyes. money much better spent elsewhere :slight_smile: the only way i’d get it would be if i was a large cube NA engine scratching for HP, and it would be Mamo ported

I just want to go for best bang for the buck and the L92 heads with an exhaust seem very good. I think just those and a clutch when the stocker goes and I should be all set.

[quote=“EvoMR,post:24,topic:24623"”]

I just want to go for best bang for the buck and the L92 heads with an exhaust seem very good. I think just those and a clutch when the stocker goes and I should be all set.

[/quote]

well you will definitely need a matching cam, or you will be in trouble… but ya for the most part you got it

[quote=“turbo ls1 ss,post:25,topic:24623"”]

well you will definitely need a matching cam, or you will be in trouble… but ya for the most part you got it

[/quote]

Thanks for the input. I think this is the route I will likely go if I get the car. Are there any other inexpensive and reliable mods that yield good power or does this cover most of the basics?

there’s a ton of little mods you can do. i know the factory CAI on the GTOs are restricting, and a nice aftermarket CAI really lets it breathe. other little things like a thermostat all help with the big picture. it all depends with which exact route you are taking…

Just about all of the high high HP NA setups are running the fast 90/90…Even the guy from AFR who has been putting out all the huge numbers is running a ported fast on all of his setups…so it obviously works.

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:28,topic:24623"”]

Just about all of the high high HP NA setups are running the fast 90/90…Even the guy from AFR who has been putting out all the huge numbers is running a ported fast on all of his setups…so it obviously works.

[/quote]

we are not saying it doesnt work, obviously it does something. we are just saying, bang for the buck, money can be definitely be better spent elsewhere.

like i said, guys that have extra money to spend, that are scratching for that extra hp will go for it. i would too. but think about how much that port matching by tony mamo would cost on top of that ~$1000+ price for the combo alone. you will probably be spending upwards to $1500 for 20 PEAK whp, and maybe 10 hp throughout the curve minimal. yes, its a gain. worth it? thats a personal opinion

and people think they might be able to whip out the 'ole dremel or die grinder and have at it with their $1k intake, claiming they are “port matching”, but in reality there is an art to it, and they are probably just fucking it up, to put it out there bluntly

Meh you can usually find the whole setup used for $800-900ish 20whp when your building a NA 346 setup is huge…

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:30,topic:24623"”]

Meh you can usually find the whole setup used for $800-900ish 20whp when your building a NA 346 setup is huge…

[/quote]

i realize this. the moral of the story is that you need to have a goal set in stone before you start speculating on what is the right combo to go with. if the car were to be bottled or blown, i definitely would not get this combo. UNLESS, the owner wanted to go with a DP setup on a dual plane. but when you start to go THAT far, single plane is where it’s at

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:28,topic:24623"”]

[/quote]

Ya, if you are trying to squeeze out every last bit of NA hp then ya it worth getting. But for the average person it is a waste of money. That $1k+ can be better spend elsewhere.

L92 heads + L76 intake ftw anyways

oh yea

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660917

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:33,topic:24623"”]

L92 heads + L76 intake ftw anyways

oh yea

[/quote]

Done

:eekdance:

There are not to many local LS1 people going fast NA…

Cougarspeeds car was probbley the quickest local NA LS1…he put down 430…rwhp LS6 intake…and not even all the bolt ons…