LSx people - Cost effective powah

my brothers 2500hd has a 6.0 with a 4.10:1 rear end, its part of the towing package

this

huh?

If he changes gears does he have to do any thing differently due to being 4wd?

Yeah, change BOTH gears…or BOOM

headshot?

Pretty much

yah…so isnt that the LQ family where as the Aluminum V8’s are LS family???

thats how I always thought it was…maybe im wrong.

Not changing gears. It’s also a DD for the next few months so I’ll keep the 3.73. They also work fine for towing on flat ground and I dont mind downshifting for hills.

How much power would I get out of an intake and tune alone?

Thanks.

not enough for the money.

Can I get that in numeric form, please? :slight_smile:

Intake tune prolly 20-30horse

Same trq?

not likely without a full exhaust.

prolly more around 15 with a intake and tune.

I thought these domestic motors could get like 90whp from cutting a hole in the airbox? These are BMW level power gains. Weaksauce.

your not going to gain shit for HP unless you do a full exhaust

what the point of adding a intake to make the motor breath more, but keeping the stock exhaust to choke it out??

it all works together…intake/ exhaust then a tune. With a full intake and exhaust you can then add more timing in the tune then just with a intake. The key to adding more power is all there in timing. Get more air in, get the exhaust out asap

also, your talking about a lower compression motor then mine so power gains from minor bolt on’s arent that great. Yah they help, but you not going to see 50whp from full bolt on’s.

That would be if you bought from the Ford camp…:thumbup

What’s the point? More power w/o additional noise. Loud exahust on a DD truck blows. And is redneck. Flamesuit.

:vlad Just got out of the Ford camp! NEVER AGAIN!

You can get some damn quiet aftermarket exhausts that flow better.

Wtf did you have??