LSx people - Cost effective powah

I can has sweet dual straight-back pipes with super hawt clamp on tipz?

Had an Expedition. Sucked at everything except price.

Yeah, Expedition’s arent exactly the best in the Ford linup…

I just remembered you’re a Ford guy, my bad. :rofl

It was a 99 5.4L Eddie B. Got the job done but got sick of fixing it. And 4-digit quotes to fix header stud exhaust leaks meant it was time to sell.

And before anyone asks, I’m too busy fixing the car to fix the truck too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Should have bought Excursion Diesel.

Yeah thats a common problem with those! You can do it yourself, but its kind of a PITA, and shops charge BIG $$ to do the job, as Im sure you know…lol

This:thumbup

Ive always wanted one lifted on 38’s!!

$30k for an 05 w/ 100kmi - no thanks. The old ones with the 7.3 are even worse miles/dollar.

Dont want to maintain a DD diesel. That’ll be next round when it’s only a tow vehicle.

You can get a pretty quiet exhaust for trucks. But with the 6.0 you really should have no problem towing your bmw

How about a 9000lb enclosed trailer acting as a giant parachute?

It’ll tow the open trailer at 100mph no problem. The enclosed with all my gear is gonna be heavy.

pretty sure you wont have a problem…

my dad has the 6.0 in his 05 GMC DUMP TRUCK and we tow a 19 foot trailer with a Kabota tractor with 4 yards of stone in the box…im sure you wont have a issue :wink: It towes it with ease.

It should still pull it. It may be a tad sluggish

cam, springs push rods 650 shipped, pace setter long tubes w/ off road y pipe 450 shipped, k&n drop in 50 and a tune 350, = 100 rwhp gain, ask me how i know??? I did all of it to my 08 silverado 5.3. and if your truck does not have electric fans throw those in. Check out www.nelsonperformance.com

trade it in and get a Ford :thumbup :rofl

hahah yah trade the 6.0 in on a 5.4 turd ford! my 07 f150 was the slowest truck i ever drove, wopping 300 hp!

lol i was just kidding. but for real i loved my v10, the 5.4’s are dogs though!

^this scares me…

just a lil fyi.

a yukon is faster then a jaguar xj8.

ask big red we raced!!!

id do a trq converter to get it in the rpm,s easier along wit a full intake “k-n, c.a.i” either get a tune done or get a handheld tuner like hypertech or predator full tune up just to make sure its up to par .extra tranny cooler if it dont have a external one already and call it a day the motor will be workin but it is a stout motor

AFAIK, they are still considered to be part of the LS family because the heads/cam are the same. the iron block is because they are more stout, and more resiliant to heat, so better for harsh commercial/industrial use that trucks see.

Other than what Drew and Tony said, toss the rest.

The ONLY change you should make is tossing a KandN or similar air intake kit… and then maybe a custom tune… otherwise your in the thousands of dollars including any labor.

Great choice of tow vehicle overall. 373 will give you good highway milage and no one said you have to go 85 mph up every hill you come across… a lil put put on occassion wont kill you Mr. Clark.