M6 > CTS-V

Driving my old 04 CTS-V last night and came across a newer M6 with rims and exhaust. He took off and I chased. He was pulling but not as much as I expected. He wouldn’t make eye contact at the next light, I went, he didn’t, so I slowed down and waited for him. He got up next to me and then just went. Again, I chased, and he walked away.
I didn’t expect to win this race, but it would have been fun to get a legit race. Old girl still has some legs.
That V10 with an exhaust (had a UCC plate holder?) and the NA V8 of the CTS-V with exhaust sounded great.

Next time I will be in the V2 when I go bimmer hunting. But now I really want an exhaust.

Bet the whole time you were saying to yourself “why didn’t I take the other car”

It was fun either way. The exhaust on the old one definitely draws a lot more attention and races. I also think less people race me in the V2 since they can predict the outcome.
I should add I don’t really go out looking for races, but if I run into some fun I usually will have a go at it.

Any pros to the old car over the new one? I’d like to see a side-by-side shot of the two.

I got plently more. They like to hang out together.
THe V1 has some visual mods to make it look a bit more current.

Pro’s: lighter, a ton cheaper and much higher redline
Con’s: Wheel hop / diff issues (still some hop if you really launch it but the diff is holding strong after the 2nd replacement), slower, creature comforts.

They really managed to keep the spirit of the first gen in the redesign. Thanks. :tup:

6.2 LSA > NA LS6

Next time let the eaton tvs 1900 lay the smack down

Another pro is gas mileage, V1 could get 25 mpg hwy and ~16 combined. V2 barely touches 18 if you baby it on the hwy and gets 13 combined.

All in all V1 is a fun car, but sometime feels like a parts bin car. The V2 feels solid, quiet, purpose built. I am working on removing the quiet.

Definitely would have had him in the V2 if you ask me those M6’s are heavy. Car is looking sexy Ron.

Thanks. One of these days I will get some updated decent photos and give a list of small updates, mostly cosmetic. No need for a thread about every shorty antenna install.
Based on how he was walking me, I think I would have fared favorably.