Machine shop workers enter

I need to find a way to attach a vin to a home made trailer i just registered. Im not really sure how to go about this but maybe someone can help me out and make something for me, maybe a 1/4" piece of metal with the letters cnc’ed a 1/8" deep something.

heres the vin: NYA-586839

it just has to be made out of steel so i can weld it to the trailer, im thinking an inch and a half tall or so and how ever wide to make the characters fit.

anyone wanna make me one?

thanks

cnc would be silly. Just punch stamp.

http://www.goldyindustries.com/Images/Jewel%20Images/NUMBER-PUNCH.jpg

NYA is a NY state issued/assigned VIN. when you go for inspection they usually issue you a yellow sticker with this number on it. Might make law enforcement look really close to have it stamped, not being the federal mandated 17 character vin

all i got at inspection was a blue inspection sticker. its an NYA number because its a home made trailer. and what does your second sentence mean??

no one wants to make me one for ten bucks?

Hey Travis are you in WS off of orchard park rd and are you Driving around in a sweet lowered black E46?

Sorry for the off topc. LOl might be able to get the machinist at work wip something up for you but he might charge you more than 10 bucks.

the reason its NYA… is because the state issued a VIN for it as it was home made. there should be a yellow sticker somewhere near the tongue of the trailer showing the NYA… number. If not you may be able to get a replacement from the dmv salvage dept. the local number is 826-1501

I can make you one if you want. I have a steel stamper that is made for creating tags for telephone poles and control panels. It will stamp out the number and place two holes in it for mounting.

i made it and never got a sticker.

how thich is the metal? is it sheet metal? pic of an example? size? it has to be basically welded/permanent.

Nah, this is thin aluminum. It would have to be placed with two self tappers and I have never tested how durable the impression is.

hmm, ill think about it, thanks though