Mafia Machinez: Big Body discussion ITT.

Umm…no. Not even close.

I disagree completely. You sound like an iPhone user :lol. Just because it’s made by Apple, it’s epic and nothing else comes close. Except, in your case its Germany. :lol

I bought one didn’t I? I was looking (and test drove) 2 750’s (08’s), 1 Lexus GS and 3 different M’s. I went with Lia’s black M35. I didn’t bother with Audi because I heard they tend to have electrical issues whether that was poor research by me or a lie although I did briefly look, online, at a couple of 03-04 A8L’s.

Also, there are MANY owners on NICOCLUB that have went from the other brands (mainly Mercedes) to the M and haven’t looked back. Just sayin.

And you’re changing your tune now. You said that Infiniti as a BRAND was not in the same class.

It IS. Why? Because like I said, the G is a DIRECT competitor for the 3-series, the M is at least a direct competitor for the 5-series, Lexus GS, and Audi A6 AND (in my opinion) the 7 series. I will admit that the M can’t hang with the A8 or the Lexus LS. If it WASN’T in the same class, it would be competing against the Camry and the Accord, etc. It’s not.

And why does it suck?

Again, have you drove an M? Or spent any decent amount of time in one? I already admitted the G isn’t that impressive…but unless you’ve been in an M…you can’t base it on the G. It’s not the same ‘game’.

Here is some history for you…KrazyKid post length style…

What is the difference between Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and Infiniti?

Well for one…Audi, BMW, Mercedes have been around since 1909, 1917, and 1886 respectively. Both Infiniti and Lexus were founded in 1989.

This gives the Germans a HUGE jump on building brand loyalty and image compared to the Japs. However, Lexus (Toyota) dumped a LOT of money into their Lexus line from the GET GO which is why Lexus > Infiniti (Nissan). Infiniti wasn’t making good cars till the i30/Q45 came around in my opinion. Then, only then, did they start making a play on decent cars. In my opinion, they are well on their way of building a lasting luxury brand. Give them the same amount of time BMW and the others got and then we’ll see.

But again…it sounds like to me you’re basing your opinion off of your buddies G (likely - you didn’t say which one he had) sedan. Most people our age don’t have the economic foundation to roll around on a car that retails for $60+. And before you say that I didn’t pay that much…let’s just say I paid more for my M than I could have for a comparable year/mileage 7-series. A couple grand more (3 to be exact). And that was market price at the time.

Japanese cars = more bang for buck, better maintenance history/reliability, and better resale values. Period.

German cars (for the most part) = more maintenance required, more sportyness in general, worse resale values. For the most part.

I’m not saying the A8, 7-series, etc. aren’t good cars. They are for sure. But I’ll take my M over any BMW any day. A8/LS460 though, is another story. LS is king in this segment in my opinion. Hands down.