Mafia Machinez: Big Body discussion ITT.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agDjx5quwOk[/ame]

LS460H
Older LS430
S8
I like E60 M5’s as well.

Lexus be the only one I’d be brave enough to own out of warranty.

I almost bought a LS400 for a daily.

Can’t beat the Toyota reliability.
Oddly I just happened to watch an episode of Top Gear about the same thing I asked, they had an older BMW 850i and Mercedes Benz CL 600…the basic consensus at the end of the show was someone would have to be crazy to own one if something broke.

ooo i want in, here one all unwrapped from the truck and inspected almost ready to start its life… HUUGE grille:retardclap

Love the new A8. I saw they had night vision now.

DJ, thought you were @ Toyota?

That’s is by far the worse cts-v interior I’ve ever seen. How bout a picture of a black interior with black recaros, full panoramic roof, and the piano black trim…

As for infiniti, not even in the same class as BMW, Mercedes, or Audi. Few of my buddy’s have infinitis and to be honest I think they suck.

Sorry Ilya, I know you own one. Just stating what I’ve come to conclusion from driving numerous brands.

The new a8 is fucking serious.

I had a G35, was a PILE. Agree 100% with this.

Boss

http://1timez.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/2009-Cadillac-CTS-V-1.jpg

Yeah forgot about the pop up nav on the v.

That pic still doesn’t do it justice.

I looked inside the local white one I saw at the Curtis Lumber show last year. Looked really nice inside. They are loot though, like $70k new?

Still a lot of car for the money. Only gm I’d ever own.

Every time I see one I’m like damn.

No offense taken. Your buddies are probably driving G’s. I will agree that G is basically a Nissan Maxima or Altima.

The M? The M is NOTHING like the G. I dare anyone who says the M and G are similar to ride in my car IMMEDIATELY after riding in a G. Totally different class of ‘luxury’.

I’ve had a G25, G35, and G37 as a loaner from Lia. They are all basically my old Maxima. The G37 is FAST. That’s about it.

But every time I get into my car after…it’s like…‘ahhhhhhh luxury’.

You could argue the M isn’t in the class of the A8, LS, and 7-series…but I’ll argue that it’s at least as good as a 7-series. It’s DEFINITELY a direct competitor of the A6 and 5-series. For sure. So…definitely in that luxury brand ‘class’.

i thought the infiniti m was basically a new maxima ( 06/07 year ) just with more bells and whistles

Not arguing but you really think people that are looking for a luxury car buy a m45 over a 7-series?

Is this a joke?

Not to mention when I see a new 7 series, s class, or a a8 I’m like damn. I never would even notice a m45. Only reason I would is to see if it was you.

:ninja switched companys

Umm…no. Not even close.

I disagree completely. You sound like an iPhone user :lol. Just because it’s made by Apple, it’s epic and nothing else comes close. Except, in your case its Germany. :lol

I bought one didn’t I? I was looking (and test drove) 2 750’s (08’s), 1 Lexus GS and 3 different M’s. I went with Lia’s black M35. I didn’t bother with Audi because I heard they tend to have electrical issues whether that was poor research by me or a lie although I did briefly look, online, at a couple of 03-04 A8L’s.

Also, there are MANY owners on NICOCLUB that have went from the other brands (mainly Mercedes) to the M and haven’t looked back. Just sayin.

And you’re changing your tune now. You said that Infiniti as a BRAND was not in the same class.

It IS. Why? Because like I said, the G is a DIRECT competitor for the 3-series, the M is at least a direct competitor for the 5-series, Lexus GS, and Audi A6 AND (in my opinion) the 7 series. I will admit that the M can’t hang with the A8 or the Lexus LS. If it WASN’T in the same class, it would be competing against the Camry and the Accord, etc. It’s not.

And why does it suck?

Again, have you drove an M? Or spent any decent amount of time in one? I already admitted the G isn’t that impressive…but unless you’ve been in an M…you can’t base it on the G. It’s not the same ‘game’.

Here is some history for you…KrazyKid post length style…

What is the difference between Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Lexus, and Infiniti?

Well for one…Audi, BMW, Mercedes have been around since 1909, 1917, and 1886 respectively. Both Infiniti and Lexus were founded in 1989.

This gives the Germans a HUGE jump on building brand loyalty and image compared to the Japs. However, Lexus (Toyota) dumped a LOT of money into their Lexus line from the GET GO which is why Lexus > Infiniti (Nissan). Infiniti wasn’t making good cars till the i30/Q45 came around in my opinion. Then, only then, did they start making a play on decent cars. In my opinion, they are well on their way of building a lasting luxury brand. Give them the same amount of time BMW and the others got and then we’ll see.

But again…it sounds like to me you’re basing your opinion off of your buddies G (likely - you didn’t say which one he had) sedan. Most people our age don’t have the economic foundation to roll around on a car that retails for $60+. And before you say that I didn’t pay that much…let’s just say I paid more for my M than I could have for a comparable year/mileage 7-series. A couple grand more (3 to be exact). And that was market price at the time.

Japanese cars = more bang for buck, better maintenance history/reliability, and better resale values. Period.

German cars (for the most part) = more maintenance required, more sportyness in general, worse resale values. For the most part.

I’m not saying the A8, 7-series, etc. aren’t good cars. They are for sure. But I’ll take my M over any BMW any day. A8/LS460 though, is another story. LS is king in this segment in my opinion. Hands down.

Ilya im not even going to start bashing your post… You win, a m45 is in the same class as a 7 series. May be the dumbest thing ive ever heard but ill let you think that. Not to mention your comparing a m35 to a 7 series which is even worse.

I own a 335i coupe also besides my jeep. but unlike you, i can admit there are much better cars than my 335i.

If you owned my 335, youd be on shift saying its comparable to a ferrari.

Welp, heres my opinion:

While the M is a nice car I don’t think its in the same category as a 7 Series, LS, S Class (or whatever 80-million classes Benz has thats in line with those). To me a top of the line luxury liner has key features that separate it from the pack, one being an extended wheelbase or optional extended wheelbase. BMW has the “Individual” option which you can order special paint colors and interior options, Benz has high security options that include laminated glass and Kevlar door inserts. Lexus has a normal wheelbase LS460 and the LS460L which along with Audis long wheelbase has heated and cooled rear seats, power adjustable rear seats, power sunshades, power foot rests, rear seat entertainment, cooler/refrigerator in rear center armrest, separate rear audio controls, etc. Essentially a borderline limousine. In my point of view I would classify the M as a competitor with the 5-series BMW and its equivalents. In my eyes I look at the Lexus LS as BARELY coming in line with a 7 series, A8, or equivalent Benz, as it has bare minimum of what the others have for options.

the post name is Mafia machinez: big body…

If i saw a mafia member driving a infiniti, id be like wow that guys a loser.

See bold.

You realize the M has all that except for the power foot rests (wtf is that? the thing that slides out just behind your knee?). Right? This is why I say it’s in the same class. Mine doesn’t, but the loaded ones have all that and then some (speakers in your seats - right behind your ears), all the tech/intelligent crap these cars have today like cruise, accident assist, lane assist, etc. See M interior pic above for reference on the entertainment features.

And the V8 in the M56 puts out more power than some of the V8’s in it’s class. Just sayin.

Hell, the M35h (their new hybrid) puts out 300+ HP AND gets almost (or does - don’t remember) 30mpg in the CITY. If you want to talk about ‘innovation’. That’s it.

Anyway, doesn’t really matter to me if neither of you like my car. Couldn’t care less actually. Just sad to see that there are so many fanboi’s out there who won’t welcome to the new guy to the club :lol. 99% of them have never even driven or been in the car but base it off of what other people tell them.

Anyway…we can all agree that LS > * anyway. I’m sure we can all admit that all cars that are within the average well off persons reach fall short of that car. Period.