Magazine Suggestion?

Hey guys, I’m looking to subscribe to a magazine shortly, mainly because I’m sick of paying $8 at a newstand when I can get 12 for like $25.

Just wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what to get.

I’m looking for something thats an intermediate to advanced read. I don’t feel like reading about what an sr20 is, I want to actually learn something from reading. It has to be an import mag for sure, I’m not into “muscle” or anything. Also, I’m mostly interested in turbo builds. So yea, anything you guys can suggest would help.

Oh, and not PAS, because I don’t really care about systems that much.

that has to be old racing/car setup book from the library. mag will give you just a skim of it. if you want depth you have to borrow the book from library.

huh ?

he is saying if you want to learn something read a book from the library not a magazine

I’m not buying a magazine just to “learn” lol. I want to look at sweet rides and read about them just as much as the next guy. Im just saying if i can learn something by reading along the way thats a bonus. I just want to read about import/turbo builds.

ive subscribed to PAS, Import Tuner, and Modified Mag for about 4-5 years and out of the three i think PAS is best… Import Tuner in Second and Modified Mag in third… ive also picked up a couple issues of Turbo mag and its also pretty good.

I like PAS for 3 main reason… 1.) they seem to love the 240sx!! lol they do so many features on them! 2.) they have the PAS model search and feature a new hottie every month… (IT and MM some of the girls look really man-ish sometimes :S) and 3.) $5 yearly subscriptions!!! but thats just me!

Im my opinion car magazines dont “teach” you anything at all! they give you ideas, and inspiration yes! and sometimes a hard-on, but knowledge… nope!

$5 ! wtf

lol i buy mine PAS magazine’s at car shows for 1 dollar for 2

i got with the pasmag… i think its like 30 bucks for a three year subscription… cant go wrong… and they are canadian so they do like to focus on the canadian scene a bit too and not only what is going on down south…

I would suggest DSport, Project Car, Import Tuner, TPR. PAS is only abt audio systems, I d rather read Super Street.

k imma tell u the best mag to buy u can only find it at chapters is called banzai trust me there is no better mag.

Interesting perception of of PAS Mag, you probably haven’t seen it since August 07. I am the Editorial Director there and the new focus for us is one Performance & Competition, so much so that since SEMA we have a complete section dedicated to it with an internal cover car on hard cover stock. Some of those covers included Chris Rado’s Time attack car, JICs S15 and more recently Daijiro Inadas Option Mag sponsored 180SX/G/Z drifter which I titled “Young G-Z” LOL.

None of these cars have systems.

PAS is a book that is currently over 260pgs double that of some of the others. They already dominate the Audio, Multimedia, Show scene and now are going after more market share with performance taking up 40% of the magazine…if all goes well it could become a standalone mag.

PS: Speaking of turbo builds, we are building up with some new Garretts on my Skyline, a slick rear-mounted STS turbo on the 350Z and a GT30 on our Integra GS-R

PAS definitely owns all other mags at this time… They’ve made huge changes like Dave said, it’s very much performance oriented, but if you haven’t seen one in a few years, I can understand your perception.

Modified is probably second on my list, 'cause it’s pretty solid all around.

Import Tuner is a pack of Honda loving fanboys, and I only buy it if I’m desperate. They’ve gone down hill in the past few years…

I’d say PAS, or MM as top choices, then Import Tuner or Super Street which are the car mag equivalents of the National Inquirer.

I love PAS because they cover DB drag and CSPL

PAS SUCKS but they cover a bit of Canadian stuff because they’re a Canadian magazine, but literally half the magazine is ads.

Modified is the best. Import Tuner is good too.

Any magazine that isn’t, will not be around much longer.

BTW: Modified Mag just shut down the Toronto headquarters.

LOL ya half the magazine is ads, and the rest is content reflecting their publication, have your ever looked at how many pages PAS is? Take a few more ads, get a few more pages of interesting stuff.

I have picked up a few project car mags, there good for learning the basics, but man do they need editors. Im no car expert and even I was spotting errors.
anyhow, MM I find to be the top pick for me. last months issue with the silvia with crazy camber the on cover was a great issue.
never look at PAS though.

amen…

Sport Compact Car has a great cover feature this month with an S13, S14, and S15 going head to head in a track test. The S13 has a VQ35, the S14 is KA-T, and the S15 has an SR… Good read.

Also a wicked magazine, it’s the least Rice of the above mentioned by far.