Make my paint not suck?

I’m just curious, the paint job on my beater is a pretty crap job overall - it was already like that when I bought it.

I don’t know if this is feasible or not because I don’t really know anything about paint but I’m just curious if there is any places I can bring it to do like some sort of buff/polish to make it not so dull and shitty.

it might even be an option to have it re-clearcoated only or something, i dont really know.

who can I call to ask these questions? I’m in Oakville so it needs to be reasonably close.

Do you want it to be fast and cheaply done?

Do you want it to be slow and cheaply done?

Cheaply = Price + quality wise.

If so, send Nelly a pm.

my buddy helps me with this all the time
he is the detailer at pfaff porsche,
i’ll ask as soon as he gets to my place

Lets Camo the biatch!

paint it Sandstone Beige Metallic :hsugh:

Secondeded. :wtcslap:

3rdeded.

John, there are some things you can do by yourself that won’t cost you much money. Check out http://gtaindetail.com/ they can do it for you if you want, or you could read through their FAQ on how to do it yourself. I clay bar’d my beater, and it came out pretty nice. It didn’t fix all parts though, so I may polish those that it didn’t help with.

If it’s a beater instead of spending like $100.00 on a good buff just go to fairdeal bodyshop in Rexdale and get a cheap ass paintjob for $199.00 If if needs body work it’s extra so do it your self.

I have seen their work, no, not the greatest but worth the $200.00 especialy if it’s a winter beater or a car you will sell in a few months.

I thought Fairdeal Charges $499?

you need to prep and tape the car your self . for 199 they might just use simple Acrylic Colors
-not prep it
-not tape it up

they’ll paint your glass and tires but its kinda worth it if you feel like Prepping your car, and Taping it up.

then watersand and re-clearcloat it.
I charge like 700 but i offer better colors

The hell would you be slapping me if you seconded it :ugh:

Contradict much? :slap:

dude do a “jigsaw” paintjob. I heard all the cool kids were doing it :thumleft: lmao

$199? theres no way they prep the car for that kind of money

how would you go about prepping the car yourself? in their shop?

i have a feeling if I prepped the car with newspaper and shit it would just get destroyed from the wind behind a towtruck on the highway on the way there :slight_smile:

jsut hit it with a polisher and some good 3M or Farecla compound and call it a day… if its your beater who the fuck cares.

Depending on the condition of the paint you can probably goto a detailer and restore the paint or pick up a porter cable random-orbit sander/polisher (about 150ish i remember) and learn how to use it yourself. Check out these paint restorations… on 240s

A good detail however could run you about 300 or so but that all depends on the condition and if you want to do engine bay, interior etc.

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/78036-black-240sx-worse-condition-paint-ive-ever-seen.html?highlight=240sx

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/83618-cleanyourcar-nissan-200sx-sonus-retsoration.html?highlight=240sx

John, I’d give that guy a ring, since he’s in the GTA, and ask him. He’s on g35driver, and he seems like a very stand up guy, that won’t lie to you to make a few $. I would think that he’d be honest with you on whether he thinks he could fix it, or if you need a repaint. I’ll be taking my car to him next spring after I pull it out of storage to make it look brand new again.