manual swap or level 10 auto upgrade??

ok, i have searched and found someone who has a 04 spec that was rearend totaled, and will sell me his manual tranny, pedals, and front axles, etc…for $1200. the tranny has 45000 miles. i contacted level 10 about the upgrade kit for my auto, and their kit is around $3000. but my tranny only has 20000 miles. i plan on getting a turbo soon for my car, so i am debating on which way to go for my tranny. the auto upgrade is more, but it does it make it faster, but the manual is more fun to drive, but the install is a big pain.

I would auto > manual swap it. Even though there are good things about auto trans in a turbo car, it’ll be 10x more fun to just drive around.

have people done the a>m swap before?

ehh I somehow think the “level 110” auto upgrade would let go under a 300hp load. but hey i dont know? I know if they could build a honda auto tranny to hold 700whp i would get it…

as for the auto conversion dont forget you need flywheel/clutch throw that into the price

I know this is not what you want to hear but i learned my lesson the hard way…if this is your DD keep it nice and dont mod it. and pick up some sort of project car

have you done extensive research on boosting it? how do you tune it?

tuning will be done with either a safc-2, or neo. A few people on the vboard, and b15sentra.net have done the manual swap. It takes a little time, but there really isn’t a lot of anything to be done other then swapping out parts. the problem most peolpe had was the pedal installation, but it isn’ that bad. the tranny bolts right up, and the center consloes are a direct swap/fit, and the shifter is an easy install also. the level 10 swap is good for over 300whp, but i woudn’t go that high anyway unless i get new rods/pistons. Even with a manual, the engine only can hold about 8psi max, so i will run 6psi to be safe. but the advantage of the auto is it so much faster in my car. the spec-v tranny sucks for 1/4 mile. it is geared for acceleration, not top speed, and it shows in the 1/4. it all depends on if i can find someone to do the swap for me in philly.

go with the level 10 they are as good as people say

i dont know why your spending 3k on a tranny setup to run 6psi? a metro could take 6psi.

1st off 6psi means nothing (if you take my 4294 at 6psi it will be at least 340whp)

pfffffff… 6psi that turbo isn’t even on the compressor map

:greddy:

because a stock tranny from a se-r will not hold over 250whp.

Get a cooler and push it to 250 save time and money if it lets go swap the 5 speed!

The Nissan fwd auto trannys won’t even handle 200whp. A few of the G20 guys who tried running the stock auto with only a t25 @ 7psi fried them within months even with large coolers.

My vote is the manual just make sure that you have all the parts you need. Good luck