Manual to power locks?

Well I eventually want to get an alarm system, and it would be kind of stupid if you disarm it via the remote and then have to unlock the doors with the key. So I want to convert to power locks so that when I get an alarm I can get it to unlock the doors as it disarms.

Is this possible? How difficult is it? Is there a kit or something I can buy and just do it myself ?

Thanks.

faq’s;

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5745

P.S. use the search function homo

Buy a central doorlocking system. Their not fun to install. With most cars i took the doors off so i could get the wires threw the gromets so it looks 110% factory. The kit consists of a few actuators and miles of wire, in some cases you will need to lengthen these wires. Its a good 1/2 day job with a buddy for a newb at wiring.

PS. you linked to a power window FAQ

dude if u already have pw locks u dont need a kit…when u buy the alarm they tap into the wire and it gives power to ur locks…

if u dont have power locks and windows…i would sugest getting the power window motors and racks.

What about just a power locsk kit? I for example, have power windows, but no power locks, how would I upgrade?

just get an actuator and hook it up to the door lock linkage…
and tigger the actuator w/ the alarm system…

took me around half an hour to do it while i do my alarm system…

What’s an actuator?

And to clarify, I have power windows and manual locks.

if u have power windows u should have power locks, when u unlock the drivers door does the passenger unlock too? if it does u have power locks, but i still used aftermarket actuators… i got them for free by jackign them from a honda in the junkyard… all an door lock acutator is, is a motor that pulls the rods that lock the doors…

The pass side doesn’t open when I open the drivers one.

it’s most likely broken lol, as you really should have them haha, but inanycase actuators are really easy to come by, they aren’t difficult to mount at all, just running those wires is a bitch as has been mentioned

Now that you mention it I can’t seem to unlock my passenger door from the outside with the key. It just won’t turn and I’m scared of breaking the key.

How do I go about fixing that ?

greade it hope for the best

more than likely replace the locks… 3 lock kit is like $280 or something from carquest…etc

spray penetrating oil (best) or wd-40 (if u dont have any) into the lock

WD-40 is badd after a while and may make it worse down the road…id just stick with the lock de-icer and then white silicone lube i belive it is…

I have a diagram somewhere on how to wire up power door locks without adding an actuator. It’s easy. When I find the diagram I’ll post it.

Im the same way, I have power windows, but not power door locks, and like you my passenger side is hard to open too. I have to turn the key towards the back of the lock first, and then forwards to unlock. That works for me, give it a go.