power doorlock install questions

hey,

i wanna install power door locks on my s13, can i just order any two actuators?

i was lookin at the ebay kits, they’re about $50 that come with the setup for 2 doors and 2 remotes…has anybody ever installed an ebay one? for how long? any problems?

i just got the s13 two days ago, and havent had a chance to go into canadian tire n other places, but i’d like to install power door locks myself rather than go to a shop for it…

oh and also, my driver side door’s lock is a bit weak, ie when i lock or unlock, the “click” sound that is strong in the passenger doorlock is not as strong…feels like something is gonna break lol is this an easy fix?
thanks~~

anything inside the doorlock area is a PITA unless you have the hands of a 7 year old girl. The handle/lock is held in with 2 10mm.

it can be done w/ a aftermarket actuator on ea door
not too sure about ur car, but mine has a actuator on the pass door, so when driver door unlock the pass door will unlock as well, if u do then u can save urself an actuator, or u can also replace it since it is smth like 15yr old+

just hook them up to the lock/unlock linkage inside the doors(maybe i’m tiny, i don have much problem hooking mine up, cuz u can c the link going from the lock to the inside door handle, hooking them up would be ez)

and have a switch and relay just to contorl unlock and lock…
i didn’t do the switch myself, cuz i replace teh driver door actuator, onto the oe harness, and tap my alarm contorl to the oe harness, so the alarm can unlock both doors

hmm alrite, i’ll order a pair of actuators off ebay sinc emost are in pairs anyway n try it out, thanks guys

hey, i was just wondering before purchasing, i see that there are two types, “2-wire” and “5-wire”, any inputs?

hey, a friend told me that i probably do have power locks n that maybe the driver’s side isnt working, that relay that sends the signal for the passenger door to unlock…cuz I have a 93 SE hatchback…and he said that it’s weird for an SE to have power windows but no power locks…if this is the case, would i just have to replace a relay or something in the door lock?..

hey guys, back to this old topic haha…does anyone know the difference between “2-wire” and “5-wire” actuators? I plan to install a compustar 2-way alarm later on if that matters…

and also, when i close the passenger door, it automatically UNLOCKS…so i have to lock it from the inside only…anyone know what is causing this? is there an actuator already in the passenger door? the previous owner bought a passenger door and replaced it, so my key doesnt open the passenger door…

some 240’s require you to hold th ehandle up while closing a locked door

ahh…ok, thanks for clearing that up…

know anything about “2-wire” or “5-wire” actuators?

you need a 2 wire, and just one. most s13’s have central locking and an actuator in the passenger door. you will need a door lock relay pack, which is basically 2 relays that will swap positive to negative and opposite and have neutral. As the motor will move in one direction with +12v and Gnd and in the other with the reverse signal.

enjoy.

ah ok thx, i’ll probably grab a 2-wire kit, thanks

ah ok thx, i’ll probably grab a 2-wire kit, thanks