Power lock

Just wondering , I want to install an alarm on my s13 . The installer asked me if it has power locks . In case I dont he may have to install some actuator to be able to unlock remotly .
As far as I know opening the driver side will also open the passanger . Can someone tell me if we do have power lock on the S13 and also explain a bit how the door mechanism works .

Also , I remember my buddy had a problem keeping the door close on his S13 , all he did was to replce a module in the driver door and evrything was fine .

Hope that was clean enough . Thanx for the future replies .

:pat:

If it ain’t power locks then I dunno what it is.

Notice the door lock lever activates an actuator:

http://240sx.cubicdesign.com/images/2003/aug27/door.jpg

actually there’s no power lock in the drivers door lol so that picture is usless hehe, the drivers door simply has an sensor that tells the passenger door what to do… when u install an alarm you’d have to put an actuator in the drivers door to make it work… or else you’d only end up locking and unlocking the passenger door lol

This is not true Ted. All you need to do is tap into the - wire useing the negative latching signal from the alarm to lock and oposite to unlock. I have my alarm taped into 2 wire which lock and unlock the doors. Plus if your doors are locked while driving and then you turn the key off both doors should unlock.

Who woulda thunk. I never really took time to look carefully at the door
locking mechanism. I thought the door locks were power on both sides.

Oh well, my bad.

thanx guy , I always end up been more confused when I ask a question :shock:

There is power on both sides. But only the driverside has the position sensor.

You guys all suck…

Remove the ECU and look behind it…

If there is a Little black box you have PDL’s if not you need actuators.

Send a negative trigger to the Orange Black to Unlock
and a Negative Trigger to the Orange Blue to Unlock…

Chris the reason why your car locks when the car starts and unlocks when
the car shuts off is because your keyless entry system has Ignition controled
door locks. I personally hate that feature and shut it off on all my cars.

My car does not lock when the car starts, but if I were to lock it myself while the car was on then it will unlock automaticaly when the key is shut off. And you just said the same thing I said about power locks.

Soooooo…You Suck!!! …lol… :lol:

Oh ya my power door lock modual is green not black, may just be diff colour for diff years.