Power door locks

okay, so im getting an alarm for my nissan 240sx hatchback se. (automatic). i read somewhere that 240’s have Mimic door locks, will this be enough to open my door witht he 2 way remote? or do i need Actuators for PDL to work? practically what i want is keyless entry and lock. i was thinking on getting these…

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=94833&item=5776235489&rd=1

anyhelp would be apreciated.

brian

When I installed mine, they used one actuator that controlled the driver’s door, then the passenger’s would follow (mimic).

good idea. but theres also drivers priority unlock :wink: haha. kk thanks

both my doors automatically lock when i turn the engine on and they both unlock when i turn off the engine. The alarm also gives me keyless entry :smiley:

that is awsoem bird. but do you have a 240? if yes then what year? and what kind of an alarm

lol yeah of course I have a 240. It’s a 1992 240 hatch, SE model.

The alarm came with the car when I bought it though, its pretty shitty. It’s some Predator Alarm…And I only have 1 remote for it, also, the distance is pretty bad when trying to open my doors from like 10 feet away. lol i have to be within 5 feet of the car for my remote to work, but it’s all good.
btw, i saw this same alarm go for $69.99 at future shop I think.

When I got my alarm installed farmer just put one actuator on the driver
side door. Then when it opens the passenger side mimics.

You don’t need 2 actuators unless you want them to lock/unlock seperately
and your alarm is capable of doing that.

^^^ or if your car doesnt have power door locks.

240’s came in non-power door locks, mimic passanger lock and full powerlocks. In my winter car when I instaled remote keyless entry I needed a Actuator in the driver side to open it and mimic the passanger door to unlcock. On my coupe it has actual powerdoor locks where all I have to do is use a negative trigger on the orange/blue and orange/black wire on the PDL Timer in the passanger kick behind the ECU.

sounds good, i guess i’ll be buying one actuator then. btw, can i get the "2 wire actuator alone or do i need the high power relays? whats the difference? thanks

^^^ Not sure exactly what you are talking about here but let me try and clear up something for you:

Your alarm will have a positive output to trigger the locking of the doors, and another for the unlocking.

This output can NOT (usually, depending on alarm) be used to directly power the actuator. It should be hooked up to a relay which will be used to drive the actuator.

^^^ Most Alarms do a Negative Trigger…

The ones that do do a positive trigger have only a 300mA load
max to them which always has to be hooked throug a relay.

Even with one Door Lock Actuator you need Two Realys because
of the Reverse Polarity the Door Lock Actuator works one.
Stick the Green wire on + and the Blue on - it will lock Reverse
those the Green wire on - and the BLue on + it will unlock.

i was wondering where you guys put ur actuators ? i can’t really seem to find a spot. i have one in mind but it kinda is a bad spot. also. my cig lighter suddenly stoped working? how can i fix that? thanks

brian

put the actuators in the stock location … there are already holes drilled and if you’re lucky you might not have to drill anymore

cig lighter= check fusebox … then check wiring. Or even better just run a new fused wire from the battery so you can use it to charge stuff when the car is off.