march Sadness

you know what i hate… i hate people that act like they 've watched college hoops all year and they know it all just cause they filled in a bracket… its so fucken annoying. every tv in the office has it on… I’m not a fan, i mean i’ll root for pitt but thats as far as it goes. College Football > intramurals > college basketball.

to each his own…

march madness is good stuff & a lot of good BB going on.
i’m still more of an NBA person but i do follow college hoops & watch a lot of tourny ball

pitt bball > pitt football

& at least college hoops has a process to generates a legit national champ team
college fball sucks when it comes to bowl games.

I’ll be the first to say I hate college basketball

x2. I love bball.

pitt bball = johnny come lately
Pitt football = 9 time national champions, 1 heisman winner, produced one of the best NFL QB’s ever, two top 6 alltime NFL leading rushers.

i just like college football better, in hoops you can eek your way into the tourney and win it… college football, you lose two games and you are not winning a national championship.

like who was the best pro to come out of pitt hoops? jerome lane?!

pitt football is weak …yeah they have a history…but they haven’t done shit recently.

& what do you mean “national championship” footballs national championship system is FLAWED

best player to come out of Pitt Bball… Lane was OK, C. Smith had a decent NBA carrer & M. Blount is a decent starting center in the NBA now… averaging double digits & 6 or so rebounds per.

the thing with Pitt hoops is they never really have a superstar…just a bunch of good player…thats why they have been good…but never have that special talent to get them over the sweet16 hump…look @ the past few years we’ve gotten beat by teams with a QUALITY guy that went to the NBA, Devin harris, D. Wade & patrick O’bryant

we’ve had good guards in the past few years, cummings, knight, krauser, but you have to be a consistant shooter or have an extreme talent to make it today in the NBA when your under 6’5" guards are a dime a dozen…so you better bring something to the table. Cummings lasted a few years as a backup & broke into the starting rotation due to a teammate injury, but never developed a consistant jumper…Knight was good as a floor general but also had no shot…& we all know carls flaws…bad decision making & suspect shot selection.

what you dislike about b-ball, I very much like. It is fairly rare for a #1 seed to win it all, and the guys that go 30-3 during the regular season can get beaten by a smaller school that shows up to play.

But as you said you like football better, I like b-ball better. Probably because I’m 5’11 and 165, lol!

BCS in 04 say what? … making a bowl is about the same as making the tourney… the top 64 teams make the tourney, i’d say about half that play in post season bowl games… other than the past two seasons pitt had a nice run of bowl games.

other than one big east title, what has pitt hoops won? nothing. pitt football has a big east title in the same period of time as the hoops team.

on a side note. antigua is a good globetrotter. :slight_smile:

all i’m saying is if you win the tourney your the national champ.
but its very argueable as to if they pick the best 2 teams to play for the football title…they need a small tourney too.

Pitt has played in what…6 out of the last 7 big east title games & won 1…& thats no small feat…the big east is one of the toughest if not the toughest conference in all of college hoops. & again if you look @ the past big east tourney winners & teams they have had legit NBA stars, Caron Butler, Ben Gordon, Hakim Warrick, charlie villanueva, marcus williams, Foy, Gay, etc… where Pitt gets it done with a bunch of good roll players

and on a side note antigua is an assistant coach for Pitt, so is knight after an injury cause him to leave the NBDL.

the BCS is retarded. the old way was better and unique only to college football. i didn’t mind split champs. i hate complicated formulas… College football is the only major sport pretty much that doen;t have a clear cut champion and i kinda like it that way… gives you something to discuss till the next season… its only comparable to olympic sports where judges determine scores. how many people outside indy and chi-town are still talking about the SB, the world series…etc… but how many are wondering if boise state could take Florida?.. Controversy sells, makes sports interesting. the BCS thou is having a negative effect… back to the coaches poll and media poll. back to running up the score… back to 1 vs #4 in the rose bowl at 2pm and maybe 2 vs 3 in the orange bowl at 8pm… if your number #1 you better hope you beat that #4 by enough points…

i agree the tourney can be exciting… like i said its just the people that ruin it for me. you can not know shit about college hoops thou and pick the first two rounds with about 80% success. the hardest games to pick are the 8vs 9 and the 7vs 10. other than that you can look at records and throw in an upset or two and you’re good.

march is the best month of the year

Charles Smith was the best Pro to come out of Pitt. and he will be for years to come.

I’ll be the first to say I hate college basketball

And I’ll be the second.

Actually, Knight isn’t a coach. He is the head video coordinator. He is not allowed to recruit off campus or anything like a normal coach.

yeah…part of coaching staff.

w00t If Pitt wins, hubby and I are going to buffalo to see PITT v VCU. We know the athletic director for VCU and he’s got 4 tix for us if PITT wins, since VCU already won :smiley:

better things to do honestly! unless thats ones hobby!

I hate you.

i had a chance to go to tonights games…had to work though, im friends with an old pitt player. ill be sitting on the couch drinking and watching a lot of bball till the pens come on tomorrow

billy knight is arguably better

with mark blount a close 3rd.