Massive Backfire problem

Ok so heres the problem,

about a month ago i was having big hesitation problems, so i changed my plugs for some BKR5E-IX plugs, they were good for a day then i started getting massive back fire. I found out they were the wrong plugs so i bought
BKR6E-IX plugs and they were good since im running stock boost. I let the car sit for 2 days and then all of a sudden im having these crazy backfire problems duing hard acceleration and it only seems to be happening in 2nd gear.

I mean im sure im running stock boost because i dont have an boost controller. Could this problem be caused by a coil pack? or should i just go with BKR7E-IX

Rob?

maybe u have a very smalll boost leak, check the couplers, it may be so small u cant see it and then 1 day its gonna get bigger and then ur cars just going to stall.

that might be possible so ill check it tomorrow, just sucks because im putting a new turbo intake/exhaust manifold and so on i dont want this prohlem now

Make sure your plugs are properly gapped.

to much fuel…

the plugs are iridium ix series they come pre gapped

I’ve had a problem like that before with the plugs…had to re-gap them. One of my plugs (still in the packaging) had a huge decrease in gap from my others.

check ur intercooler pipping and ur maf …

Its not a back fire, its a missfire. You are probably fouling the plugs with too much fuel which can be caused by many different things, leaks, tuning, etc…

I have had a similar problem and I am continuing to have it. My car also has a hard time starting in the morning as well. I have changed my mafs to one i know works, bought new plugs, cleaned the plate on my throttle body and run fuel injector cleaner through it. I forgot to mention, I have a redtop that is stock accept for a megan header amd a greddy fmic that were on for at least 2 months before this problem started.

Well i find the car has a harder time starting now adays then before. Some times it smells rich how can i fix this?

Ok so my car is missfiring under regular driving, so i checked my plugs and cyl #4 has gas all over it, so i tried another plug and same thing, so its the ignition coil from what i know, should i upgrade to spitfire coils or go back to oem coils? any advice would be greatly appreciated

how do you tell if there is gas on the plugs. when i changed mine they awere a bit white but i looked up a plug chart and they looked closest to what both charts said is normal. they were not wet at all or anythign but my car had also been sitting for a day befor ei pulled the plugs out if that makes any difference at all

yeah the fact that the car was sitting makes a dif.

Look your plugs would be black on the electrode whether it was wet or not. If your plugs are warn and the electrode is still white your plugs are fine just replace them as needed.

Now As for my number 4 plug it was covered in gas so the coil must be faulty right???