Master Cylinder for 300ZX Upgrade

Hey guys-
I’m just curious as to what master cylinder should be used on my S13 for the 300ZX big-brake upgrade? My shop says I need a new one. Should I invest in a 300ZX master cylinder? Is there anything else I can use? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mike
mikes@pasmag.com

Why not just a Re-man from CT?

because they cant tell u if it’s the nabco or tokico unit…

I thought the stock one was fine if you were just switching the fronts, but when you put the 2pots in the rear the master can’t flow enough and the bias gets screwed. Thats when a upgrade would be good.

But if your gonna switch the part number is 46010 30 for the nabco(according to scc)

make sure u get the nonabs one is u dont have abs. the ABS has three line, 2 for front, one for back. non abs has 2, 1 front, one back.

matt, prob is that nissan does differentiate, but they charge $330

• for the part.

if you get a reman it costs like half price, but remanufactureres dont recognize the oe part #'s…

so it is hit and miss…

make sure you can return it if you buy a reman. and for cash…

u can get remans for less than $200.

What is the bore size of the 300ZX master cylinder to get for the Z32 caliper swap?

1 inch or 1 1/16inch depending on which one u get

Wow - big suckers huh?

I am doing this mod and got a 280ZX one - it’s only 15/16". Do you think it’s gonna work with the single piston 280ZX rear calipers? I was planning on putting an adjustable proportioning valve inside the passenger compartment so I can cut rear bias if I find the rears lock up first.

you should read this article, it would help you. http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0402scc_projectsilvia/ but for the 280ZX cylinder, not sure about that.

Hey thanks fo rthe help guys. I am doing the rear swap as well, so I’m banking on upgrading the MC - not just replacing it with a newer one. Does anyone know where I can find the NABCO unit? Would I be able to use the MC off a Z32? Thanks again.

Mike

u can also use a master cylinder booster.

the problem with using the oem unit is, once you have the bigger brakes in the front, you will have to slam your pedal down half way BEFORE your brakes even begin to start working (at least thats how it was with skyline front calipers on a kouki s14 with oem 240sx brake master cylinder).

i don’t have too much info on the cylinder booster, but if you are interested, call midwest calipers (scarborough), they are in the phone book, and i was talking to the guy there about this same issue, and he recomended a booster. i’m sure it cheaper than other options, and just as effective.