Matter's Grandfather's Cobra

Grandfather’s Cobra Kit Car build finally completed!
Only took 8 months from purchase to finished.

I will update more pictures when I find them

http://www.sonikempire.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Picture_213.jpg
“The Owners”

427?

VERY nice… love his choice of wheels too

What kit did he use? Powertrain?
I’d love to someday I will build a Daytona coupe from Factory Five:

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrchal/national/coupejoe1.jpg

hot!

Thats awesome, what kit did he use?

[quote=“TrueBlue,post:4,topic:32619"”]

[/quote]

i was trying to get slomies to build one of those when he was talking about possibly buying an evo

i had him half convinced too… didnt do it tho …

Very nice. :slight_smile:

Does he live on Milgrove Rd by any chance? I always see a cobra like that sitting outside the garage with somebody working on it. He also has a wrangler and lifted chevy(?) truck for sale in the front yard.

WHOA WHOA WHOA Detail Overload!

[quote=“TrueBlue,post:4,topic:32619"”]

What kit did he use? Powertrain?

[/quote]

Hey. Stop copying me! That’s my future car. Saw 6 real life ones, :drool:
You can geta decent Factore Five kit for $40k. Then the options go up form there. There are 2 kits locally. But there is 1 real one in a high security garage with a lot of other $ cars too.

Ah, great minds think alike and all that jazz… :stuck_out_tongue:

I have seen only one FF coupe, I think it’s called a Type 65 or something. Dual-quad side oiler 427 with a high rise. It sounded like God clearing his throat at idle, it actually was making babies cry :smiley:

Real nice. Like it a lot.

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:7,topic:32619"”]

i was trying to get slomies to build one of those when he was talking about possibly buying an evo

i had him half convinced too… didnt do it tho …

[/quote]

yea its about right on par with the evo…pretty much the same car, me personally, when anyone that plans on getting an sti/evo, i recommend the fucking batmobile or a $50k+ RWD V8 kit car :bloated:

[quote=“K Cuv,post:14,topic:32619"”]

yea its about right on par with the evo…pretty much the same car, me personally, when anyone that plans on getting an sti/evo, i recommend the fucking batmobile or a $50k+ RWD V8 kit car :bloated:

[/quote]

Those kits are $12k plus a donor 5.0 mustang, and that gets you a great start, all in, maybe a $25k job.

Nice! I wanna see more pics.

X…

[quote=“Xander,post:15,topic:32619"”]

Those kits are $12k plus a donor 5.0 mustang, and that gets you a great start, all in, maybe a $25k job.

Nice! I wanna see more pics.

X…

[/quote]

i have to imagine when finished it, you spend more than 15k…but regardless…who in the market for an evo would ever think of this is my point

[quote=“K Cuv,post:16,topic:32619"”]

i have to imagine when finished it, you spend more than 15k…but regardless…who in the market for an evo would ever think of this is my point

[/quote]

I’ve actually though about getting one, or an Evo, or a Z06. :smiley:

X…

K Cuv = pw3nd

these arent THAT expensive to build, and i had a hell of a pricelist going for him already at the time

i found him a MODDED mustang parts car that had everything he needed, priced out a real nice suspension, paint, minimal interior, estimated some wiring costs from fuzzyfish, wheels, tires, added in a fat chunk of change for bolts / zipties / hoses / fuel lines / ect / ect …

but then again, wtf would i know about pricing out projects in spreadsheet form like ive done a dozen times before …

it only costs 50 grand if you cant do it yourself … and i doubt i would have a major problem putting one of these together … i know its less work then what i have planned for the 240

you are still fucking creepy

edit: matter, your grandpa has a hot ride, :tup:

this car was at Tops french and transit on sunday… sooo hot