Max Wheel Size on a 2000 BMW 323i

Hey everyone- I was just wondering if I could throw on a set of 19x8/19x9.5 staggered rims on my stock suspension/rim 2000 BMW 323i without any issues. Im 95% sure everything should be OK besides a bit of sticking out in the rear…

Any help would be great thanks!

double dueces

26 or bust

donk the bitch, right Wayne?!

It would look like garbage, and there’s no way to know for sure without offsets, regardless you’d probably need spacers AND fender work.

so no.

Regardless of looks, I’m 99% sure these will fit no with problems…

I also don’t think I’ll have to roll fenders ether…from what I’ve seen, a 10" deep wheel should be flush with the fender on the non-M E46’s. Why would I need spacers? From what I know, wouldn’t spacers do exactly what their name implies…push the wheel further out? I’m not going to pretend I know a lot about suspension/wheel stuff, but I’m pretty sure spaces won’t help here?

Stock wheel is 7" wide… Assuming your offset is unchanged (I don’t think you’ve given that information), then a 10" wheel will be 10"-7" divided by 2, or 1.5" closer to the center of your car. This may or may not interfere with stuff inboard of the wheel, such as a strut, etc. You’ll probably be ok on the rear but the front struts are kind of big and you may see some interference there?!

As for spacers, well, that 10" wide rear will be 1.5" closer to the outside of the car as well (again assuming offset is unchanged). See how things look now, and recognize that you may not have much room to use a spacer and move “outward” without rubbing on the fender lip.

Without knowing wheel offsets you have no idea. Doesn’t matter if it’s 10", 12", or 5", if the offsets are not correct they’re not going to fit right… Get offsets for the wheels, search and/or post, and you’ll get a 100% answer :wink:

Wow a usable post on shift. Plus rep to you

Thanks… I been writing a lot of BS lately, felt like I needed to be a rebel and make a useful post on this forum. As BoxerSix said though, it’s not a clear cut answer without the offset(s). Haha.

Yea but for as little information that was given you did steer him in the right direction

on stock suspension you can fit the set up depending on wheel offset and tires size. shapes has 20s on his 04 323 and he isn’t lowered but still rubs over bumps, so fender rolling might be needed.

stop trying to give accurate answers and being smart, this is shift there is none of that. :ahh

i have a set of 2003 M3 wheels with winter tires on them… $550

Buy them ^^

^yup. And they’d actually look better than some donks :excited

+1 for buying Jammer’s wheelz!

and the offset should be killer because of the M3’s wider fenders, should be just about flush on your 323 (i’m assuming)

Yeah, Steve, DO IT! I’d much rather see that thing on the M wheels than some yeahhhh budddyyy shit

:rofl ^

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2249/nestor.jpg

Pretty nice!!

According to this source:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=705405

"I had 8.5x18 wheels with 38mm offset and I rubbed and needed to roll my fenders. To fit M3 wheels you'd need to run narrow tires and seriously roll your fenders. Even then you still might get rubbing over bumps. Definitely not what an average person would consider "fitting". "

Or go 1/3rd of the way down this thread

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=426625