Mazda Rx8

So next summer i am thinking about buying a rx8. looking for postive and negative feedback thanks.

i drove one. cool looking, super smooth engine. only had good power for a very short burst at high revs, and for me that made it a dissapointment to drive. From what I read they are a bit of a gas hog for their power. Don’t know jack about their aftermarket because I scratched it off my car buying list quickly after i drove one.

Needs more LS1

I like how some of the after market body parts make them look but the power does make me lean in not getting it it but with a 12000 budget what else is out there?

an evo

umm… a lot.

Seriously though, 12k can fetch an awesome car. Why settle on the rx8?

Thats true the only reason i liked the rx8 beacuse for around $10,000-12,000 i can get atleast a 04-06 with about 50,000 miles on one thats like the average.

for that price id rather have a GTO. Already has the LS1 that this needs.

I like them, but for the money I’d likely get an Evo/STi…but maybe not…

350z > rx-8

There was an engine recall on RX8s… That’s all you really need to know about these cars, lol:

RotaryNews.com has confirmed that there will be a recall on the 2004, 2005 and some 2006 Mazda RX-8s. Not every RX-8 will need a new engine, only those that fail a series of tests, including a new vacuum test. The replacement engines will correct for issues ranging from flooding, hard starting, complete loss of compression, and use of Synthetic Oil in hot climates. For those that do not require an engine replacement, the ECU will be reflashed to provide for more lubrication (an already released Flash). Recall notice letters will be sent out to owners on a staggered schedule. At this point some dealers do not know about the recall, as the bulletin has not been sent.

Jeremy Barnes from Mazda Public Relations stated: “We will not walk away from any Mazda owner.” Jeremy also pointed out that other issues that have escaped on the Internet as of late were only part of the story. He hopes the recall action by Mazda will show owners that Mazda is doing the right thing after all.

If you want rotary, get an FD. Otherwise I’m with 91MR2, Evo or STi could be had in that range.

uhhh i bought a 06 WRX with 26k miles on it for 15k…its only a little bit more than what you are looking for right now

EEEEEEEEEEEEEH
NOT MY TYPE
JUST SAYING

I like the RX-8’s but in all honesty, if I were going to have a RWD Mazda for a DD it would be a turbo Miata, hands down. You could build one of those for < $12k pretty easily and it would outperform the RX-8 for sure.

You have to deal with that whole super faggy and the size of a micro machine thing though

What I love about the RX-8 is the 4 door/4 seat functionality, yet it’s still a sports car, the rotary itself is an awesome engine and revs to the heavens, albiet pretty shitty for a DD as far as fuel consumption, and as much as I love EVO’s and STi’s, they carry a boy racer stigma that can be annoying, where-as the RX-8 is just a modern day sports car.

Worth it. I think a hardtop would help too.

Pros- looks good, smooth tranny, shifts nice, decent track car, good power for tiny engine

Cons- High maintenance, decently expensive performance aftermarket, would NOT suggest for winter

System knowledge about the car
Auto Suspension System which connects a vehicle to its wheels, consist of Steering System, Driving System, which make up of transmission, clutch, wheel & parts(wheel cylinder), tire & parts, Braking System, which make up of brake shoe, Brake Disc, Brake Pad, Brake Backing Plate, slack adjuster arm, brake valve, brake chamber, brake hose & brake tube, vaccum booster, brake caliper, brake drum, brake master cylinder and other parts.